Lt. Commander
# 571
04-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diortem
Nah, you're an arrogant *****. But let me ask you something... we have an issue where the PLAYER at least BELIEVES that WHILE PLAYING THE GAME, their GRAPHIC CARD is OVERHEATING.

What will CONFIRM or DENY that BETTER: a MONITOR which CHECKS THE TEMPERATURE WHILE PLAYING or a STRESS TEST which only shows HOW FAR YOU CAN PUSH THE CARD?

Seems to me the monitor wins this argument, and if you need help... and if you need help understanding, read my caps words. Please... open your damn eyes!
Not all software/monitoring programs are as good as others. The company I work for uses a antivirus program on all our computers but we also load a different version on for really tough viruses. The same is true here. I don't know much about furmark but he's peaked my interest enough that I'll have to take a look at it and test it out on my 'test' computers at home.
Lt. Commander
# 572
04-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Degraded to nothing but personal attacks now, lol. :p Like anyone cares what you spew here.
Ok... NOW I have time.

1) The guy has said he has monitoring software... which is what Im talking about if you even bother to read it instead of listen to your voice in your head. NOT benchmarking software.

2) You have yet to tell me why a stress test will tell you more then a monitoring software will. Ive explained many times how having the condition of the card in the crash is useful, since you can put it up against say... the temp a card is supposed to be able to handle and get a good idea of if heat could be your problem! Hell if you take multiple such results, you can compare them to each other to say maybe temp X might actually be a problem even if it shouldnt be. What does a stress test give you that that does not?

Now if you want to explain without being a total arrogant *****, I will happily listen. But as it stands, repeating the same thing without explaining and then getting your undies in a bunch when someone doesn't trust software you suggest (turns out I pinned that one, eh?), and have not earned the right to that angle of your nose you look down on the rest of us with. So quit being **** for no good reason.
Lt. Commander
# 573
04-23-2010, 06:25 PM
My goodness... It is certainly becoming hot in here. I feel once again that I must remind you all the flaming other users is against the rules here, and also, bad for your health.

Just ask this unfortunate soul, whom I once flamed in an online forum. His life has never been the same sense...

I'll be closing this thread down now.

Q
Closed Thread