Lt. Commander
I cannot believe how many of my fleet members have "left the game!" Some are even lifers, however it seems the amount of bugs in game + the huge grind, has beaten many of them.

I used to have around 30+ showing up in my rosta, some of course did not chat as much, however if we needed to get some PVE going, I would have enough of my fleet to do the job.

Not anymore, atm I have 8 people online, all busy doing what they want to, now we have a strong fleet of over 300+, however this really has hit me hard coming back into the game.

I was offline for just 5 days, however in that time, I have lost some of our MAJOR players. So I was wondering why this is the case...

I asked the fleet members who are online now, and I get the same message, the grind + the bugs have killed it for them, also the server issues! Most have jumped to Neverwinter, because the grind is pretty low in that game, and its more fun to play...

So I have to put the question out to you all, How many friends have you lost from the game since the new update?

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-13-2013, 02:50 PM
alot of people i know have moved on to star wars, defiance etc..

i know for a fact when elder scrolls online is out i will hardly even bother loggin in, maybe to refine some dil but thats about it
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
06-13-2013, 03:00 PM
2 so far

maybe 3
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm considering it after today's launcher BS and the LTS stipend issue's combined with the continued issues in game I'm thinking of moving to another game of which I haven't decided yet. I do know with fathers Day coming I have made it clear that I don't want my family to waste any more money on PWE or UGC cards.
Career Officer
# 5
06-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Myself, I play more Kerbal Space Program than STO. The fleetmates I have here have always drifted. Sometimes they come back for a day, sometimes a few months. I only know this because I stay connected via pidgin. I think it's pretty normal.

In a game that has a static universe that you can cross in 5 minutes the 'freshness' wears off a little more easily than a game that has a more player driven dynamic. Couple having nowhere special to go with some powerfully un-fun grinds like the rep systems that just get you to the same homogenized place as everyone else and well... yeah I could see how not everyone feels the need to engage in that every day. I know I don't.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
# 6
06-13-2013, 03:07 PM
In the past week? Gained two.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 7
06-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
alot of people i know have moved on to star wars, defiance etc..

i know for a fact when elder scrolls online is out i will hardly even bother loggin in, maybe to refine some dil but thats about it
NO NO NO - not elder scrolls online!!! I already lost 1000 hrs of my life to Skyrim!!! When is this due out?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
NO NO NO - not elder scrolls online!!! I already lost 1000 hrs of my life to Skyrim!!! When is this due out?
You did not know about this wonderful game going online! My god man where have you been...

This will make you wet your pants!

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
06-13-2013, 03:23 PM
A massive influx of players. The grind is long but you need to have the right perspective and not spend all of your time grinding. It's also faster and less painful having a lot of competent fleet members. Determined grinding on equipment projects will burn people out.

I'm sure some people will leave on hitting 50 although I'm finding a lot of fun things to do. Especially after fitting a fleet mogai. There are some interesting builds to do from some of the weapons from episode replays.

In the past players complained there was nothing to do. Now there's plenty to do or work towards and they still quit. Rep system, fleet projects, fleet holdings are all there to give you something to work on and are time gated so that you don't repeatedly grind the same content. Players should take their focus off pure grinding, or if they want to grind take every second day off. The game seems more fun when you've taken a break from it.
Lieutenant
# 10
06-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devian666 View Post
In the past players complained there was nothing to do. Now there's plenty to do or work towards and they still quit. Rep system, fleet projects, fleet holdings are all there to give you something to work on and are time gated so that you don't repeatedly grind the same content. Players should take their focus off pure grinding, or if they want to grind take every second day off. The game seems more fun when you've taken a break from it.
But the majority of content is aimed at the soloer, and those people can come and go as they please. The group content in this game doesn't even really require different roles. I mean you could multibox and probably do pretty decent in the PvE content.