# 21
06-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Up 4 this week.
Career Officer
# 22
06-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskippa View Post
I wonder how much of that is actual new players or those just shuffling from imploded fleets
It's hard to say. A lot of the new people say they tried the game back when it launched and quit after a month or two. But it's also pretty common to hear folks talk about being from fleets that never did anything or advanced.

We finally found some inactives to kick this evening, so maybe the LoR rush is slacking.
Ensign
# 23
06-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Just started playing this game and wow bad servers or summat feels just like EvE over the past week or 2.

However if any of your space nerds feel like playing eve online the middle management dino of TEST Alliance is recruiting so come join us and pew pew other space nerds
Captain
# 24
06-13-2013, 07:41 PM
The game has NO endgame content

A player grides up to level 50
Grinds to tier 5 in the grinder Rep systems

Grind up good equipment

Now there isnt anything to do

No end game content...............
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Ensign
# 25
06-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
The game has NO endgame content

A player grides up to level 50
Grinds to tier 5 in the grinder Rep systems

Grind up good equipment

Now there isnt anything to do

No end game content...............
Isnt having all the best stuff endgame itself?

going out and kicking other nerds heads in cuz your stuff is better then their stuff? and collecting their tears cuz u blew their shiney ship up? or does that not work in this game?
Career Officer
# 26
06-13-2013, 07:49 PM
while i am in a fleet of 1 for the time being.. i will say that reports from friendly fleets is that they are losing people and having a hard time finding people.. from what ive heard, youll have a week or so of no "new hires" but then a fleet or two will dispand (usually cause half the fleet has left the game) and that is why some fleets are seeing growth in this kinda lul..

that being said.. i have a very very leangthy friends list (being that i have been here since beta) and im lucky (and i mean lucky) if there is more than ten people on at a time.. a year or two ago, that list would have had at least 50 percent of them online at any given time. ive noticed that these people are not even logging into other cryptic games...

im part of an ingame chat of about 20 people.. (some are people who were lost in the shuffle of fleets, or what not) and most (not all but most) say the only reason they are staying in sto, is cause of the social interaction we are currently apart of.. that if it didnt exist, they would jump ship...

now am i ready to jump ship.. not just yet.. cause i have not found another game to take this one's spot.. but with all this constant down time, im gonna stumble on one sooner than later.. lol
Captain
# 27
06-13-2013, 07:50 PM
There is endgame content

-Foundry (hopefully they keep making awesome spotlight missions)
-PvP (I'm a pvp junkie myself, still not the best though... sad)
-Story replay (any serious player has to go through the story at least 2 times)
STO is the BEST game ever and the players absolutely LOVE it.
Empire Veteran
# 28
06-13-2013, 07:54 PM
The Massive has closed recruitment actually, and we have even turned players away from joining. We don't desire to become too big, and our base success is a huge draw.

Moreover, no member is required to do any grind. It's just that a lot of our players want to. So the grind in our fleet isn't an issue. The rep grind only kind of sucks because most of us have multiple toons (I'm doing 4, but others are doing more). Outside of Nukara marks, frankly every other requirement is easy to meet.

If there is one thing that everyone can agree on, it's all the bugs in the game. Even given that we are one of the furthest fed+kdf fleets in the game, no one is particularly happy that there is even more coming. I do think those are legitimate complaints.
Career Officer
# 29
06-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neokftw View Post
Isnt having all the best stuff endgame itself?

going out and kicking other nerds heads in cuz your stuff is better then their stuff? and collecting their tears cuz u blew their shiney ship up? or does that not work in this game?
sort of... but the problem is, weve been at mk 12 items for so long, and there is such a long time inbetween getting new gear, that most everyone has good gear.. not to mention. since it is all purchased (either by real money or ingame currency) it doesnt let you ever stay on top for long.. i know, that everytime new equipment (such as fleet equipment) was released, by the time we unlocked the starbase teir, i was able to buy and fully load out my ship with everything i wanted.. there was no working towards it and getting a peice here and there, it was boom, exciting for a week, then meh...

i for one am bored of the endgame weve been playing for three years.. sure the level cap has increased, but were still fighting the borg in the same old stf's.. ( i wont take anything away from the stf's they are great, but after a few years of playing them, its growing old and tired.. and the new events (lets use azura for example) well christ, you can run it every half hour.. and you need the marks, so after about a week or two, it loses its glamor as well...

what they need, is content. like a raid, that drops uber awesome gear (with a better drop rate than what the stf's had, so rare, but not impossible) that you run once or twice a week, not letting you over do it all at once.. while still having lesser content that can be ran all the time.. alot of people might say it sucks that way.. but wow wasnt the most successfull game ever for no reason, they knew how to make content last, and they knew how to keep you hooked..
Captain
# 30
06-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Paragon Expeditionary Fleet and Arachnos Armada both seem to be going strong. Especially Arachnos Armada klingon side. Back in December I was regularly the only one online klingon-side for hours each evening. Since about two weeks before LOR to now we're pretty reliably having 6+ online at once and there's definitely a lot online when I'm not because our projects are completing dang fast compared to a couple months ago.

And I really wish I knew any fleets that are disbanding because I want to inherit one haha.