Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lieutenant
Gorn already had very few customizing options but now 2 sliders are missing from the body tab, Mass and Physique. Is this intentional or a bug?

I'd also like to suggest some more options for the lens colors and textures for those eye covers they have. Maybe some differing head-spines styles including single or double rows. It would also be nice if some reptilian style "beards" were available. The webbed tendril types that many earthly repiles can have.
Captain
# 2
06-16-2013, 04:08 AM
It looks like to me there is an issue with the body customization of the Gorn. I made a Gorn before LoR and I cannot give him a more massive look. Setting sliders to min or max doesn't change much.

I made a new Gorn after LoR and could make this one with a more blockier appearance. Yet I cannot make my old one to look like the new one. The same thing I have with a Gorn Boff, don't know if he is with the old one of the new one, but he is thinner than the rest and I cannot make him as thick as the rest. It looks like that characters come with their own appearance and you can only change things marginaly. Is that the case, with boffs? I presume player made characters can always be the same?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Gorn also can't change outfits.

If I attempt to swap outfits on my gorn character, it does nothing and remains on the one he currently wears.
Career Officer
# 4
06-18-2013, 05:05 PM
I noticed this during the LoR open beta so I locked in the look of my Gorn char and all BOffs before LoR went live.

I had hoped that with the character creator overhaul, every species was going to get the Gorn's physique and bulk sliders (which were introduced when the species model was overhauled mid 2010) and not the other way around.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Lieutenant
# 5
06-19-2013, 06:12 PM
I still hoping it's just a bug that will eventually get fixed.
Captain
# 6
06-20-2013, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalavier View Post
Gorn also can't change outfits.

If I attempt to swap outfits on my gorn character, it does nothing and remains on the one he currently wears.
That is a problem not only related to Gorn character. I have several characters of different species with 'death' costume options.

The main problem with Gorn character customization is the fact that slider movement has hardly any effect. This is very noticable with body customization. I don't know if this is the case with other races to. I haven't figured that out. Gorn are however a race with a wide 'spectrum'. I would like to have a tall big guy, a tall slim, a short slim and a short big one and they should differ noticeably.

Right know I have found a work-around, but that proves something is not working as intended. I take a boff, one that I have or one of my alts or I buy one and put it into my crew. I check him at the tailor if he has the right posture I alter cloths, fine tune things etc. and save him. Then go to my playable gorn and load the saved one. You cannot do this in one session, if you do you get your original boff (a costume option you never actually saved). So get out the tailor and get in again.

It is a work-around, I do not need to recustomize characters al day long, once they are fine, they will do, but I hope Cryptic will look into this.
Lieutenant
# 7
07-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Sweet. Thnaks much guys.
Empire Veteran
# 8
07-22-2013, 09:34 AM
I am also hoping for more Gorn costume options as well has being able to be taller and even more bulkier Gorn as well!
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Rihannsu
# 9
08-14-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm trying to build a comprehensive thread on costume/tailor issues (see my signature). Does this problem still exist? Does anyone have before/after pix of the missing Gorn options and/or any more details?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.