Career Officer
I've noticed that in a lot of the new missions, and the existing Federation missions that have been adapted for Klingons and Romulans, that when you're contacted by your ship it's some random NPC, not one of my bridge officers.

I can understand why this might be necessary -- early on a character's career, they don't have many bridge officers, and adding "other" characters would make some sense. It's just that the choices of NPC are a bit off from what I'd expect.

Just because my Romulan is allied with the Federation, it doesn't mean that half her crew is Starfleet. I have a single Starfleet liaison officer, but the rest of the crew is Romulans and Remans. So why I am talking to "Rick", who is apparently some other Starfleet crew member? Did he stow away on my ship?

Just poking a bit of fun. Certainly not "broken", just a bit "odd".
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Career Officer
# 2
06-14-2013, 08:31 AM
You have to watch out for and occasionally do "Rick" hunts aboard your ships, apparently Starfleet officers multiply like tribbles if you leave any food out.

and yes it is odd they must sneak on-board when we're docked at starbases
Empire Veteran
# 3
06-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Section 31 used to be a lot more subtle...
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 4
06-14-2013, 09:59 AM
I believe this is the peculiar interaction of several different bugs and features at once.

Normally, if your ship doesn't have any crewcritters, your computer will conjure a virtual crewcritter to function as a face. The fun starts when you switch toons to another faction: THe computer remembers the virtual crewcritter and reuses inappropriate crewcritters, like a Klingon in full KDF regalia on your Fed ship.

The next bug pertains to the apparent loss-of-crewcritters. This is what causes your bridge slots to display blank and your DH settings to get lost. The game somehow forgets which crewcritters you even have, and Tovan turns into some Bajoran chick.

Finally, the game doesn't consider Romulans to be a real faction, so the virtual crewcritter generation generates a random Fedling, because Fed is the default faction, instead of producing an appropriate Romuloid crewcritter. It may also be remembering the previously used Virtual Crewcritter.