Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,616
# 151
06-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreeves7a View Post
I find these consoles to be disappointing, and not because they don't have good stats, but because their stats are too good. Cryptic should have done like they did with the Embassy Science consoles, add features to encourage use of unpopular consoles. If anything, RCS, Monotanium, and Neutronium are the exact consoles that should *NOT* have fleet variants (just like there is no Embassy Field Generator).

Cryptic missed a great chance to add some life to the Eng consoles that no one touches anymore.

Should have been stuff like this:
Advanced Booster Modulator Mk XII [Gra][Sen] (+4.2 Aux power, +10 Graviton Generators, +10 Sensors)
Advanced Injector Assembly Mk XII [Aux][Spd] (+4.2 Eng power, Clears Eng offline after 4 seconds, +5% flight speed)
Advanced Field Emitter Mk XII [Def][Em] (+4.2 Shd power, +2.5% Defense, +10 Shield Emitter)
Advanced Plasma Distribution Manifold Mk XII [Acc][Proc] (+4.2 Wep Power, +2.5% Accuracy, +.5% proc chance)

Advanced Diburnium Hull Plating Mk XII [Asb] (+42.5 Phaser/Disruptor Resist, 2.5% chance to nullify phaser/disruptor damage (cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds))

Advanced Emergency Force Fields Mk XII [Res][Rgn] (+42% Able and Alive Crewman Restistance, +10 to all damage resist, Slowly returns crew from disabled status)

Advanced EPS Flow Regulator Mk XII [Eff][Drn] (+85% Power Transfer Rate, +10 Warp Core Efficiency, 1% chance for a weapon to not drain power when firing)
Indeed that is the way I was thinking they would go. Still not too late to get some added tho.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,122
# 152
06-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
They finally throw a lifeline to Engi heavy ships and the alphascorts are already whining.
There's a number of Escorts out there that have a respectable amount of ENG Console slots. Imagine those benefitting from these new consoles, on top of the already existing firepower and maneuverability Escorts can already do.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 153
06-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
thanks for saying you have a jem bug, i dont ...
Nope, I don't have a bug either. I do however have a FPE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
The consoles are tied to Dil MIne fleet holding coming the 20th, not to the base. I haven't heard about needing a T5 Fabricator for any of it.
You are correct, I thought they were like the standard Engineering things, but then I read the dev blog and saw that the warp cores and uber engi consoles required a tier III dil mine.

My mistake.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,691
# 154
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreeves7a View Post
I find these consoles to be disappointing, and not because they don't have good stats, but because their stats are too good. Cryptic should have done like they did with the Embassy Science consoles, add features to encourage use of unpopular consoles. If anything, RCS, Monotanium, and Neutronium are the exact consoles that should *NOT* have fleet variants (just like there is no Embassy Field Generator).
I agree with this sentiment.

But lets look at why Cryptic decided to power creep the heck out of these consoles. The embassy has a lot of new shinies to encourage players to grind for them. Boffs, kits, doffs, sci consoles, consumables, etc. What exciting new things is the mine bringing other than the Engi consoles? Horta doffs? Mining for extra Dil? It seems useful enough but hardly exciting. If anything its going to devalue Dil so the Dil farmers aren't happy and the regular players would not be excited were it not for the engi consoles.

So yeah,the engi consoles are very powerful as a way to make up for the lack of anything else exciting coming from mines. Its standard operating procedure for Cryptic, passify players with extra shiny shinies if there isn't much else to keep them interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:59 AM.