Lt. Commander
# 11
01-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Seems plenty have... just no one seems to have any idea why
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-21-2010, 02:27 PM
I think the servers have been overloaded again...I get the "account server disconnect" sometimes, but when I get through now it tells me the servers are full.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Well, I just started playing this morning and at first I logged in with no problem though it was occasionally freezing during conversations. But now I get the server full message. I hope they get that fixed ASAP because... very selfish of me... I would like to play the game on my day off.

So far I like it very much, though the conversations from captains come at awkward moments and I miss the orders.

Ken
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-21-2010, 02:34 PM
I am now getting the same, however that appears to be a totally new and separate issue.

(new in the sense that it didn't proceed to that message for me, until in the last hour or two, which coincides with most of the eastern coast getting off work, though i had encountered it from time to time in the last few days, which was normal and has been addressed)
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-21-2010, 03:13 PM
I keep getting kicked out of the game, to the login screen, everytime i want to change scene, ii sometimes am a ship, when i should a a person, and then the other way arround too... i have to wait 1-20 sec when i move an item, and when i accept a quest, it takes forever for the server to respond, this is seriouse lag, would it be fixed for live? if not, i would give up this game, as i wont pay for a game where i cant play for lag
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-21-2010, 03:34 PM
ive been going right into disconect from server account, even since before this patch, i usually just hold down enter for 5 minutes untill it finally lets me in, i really hope this is something that gets fixed before launch
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-21-2010, 03:57 PM
After using options on the launcher and selecting 'none' in the proxy list (it was set to US) it seems to work a little better, though I still get disconnected ALL the time
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordice View Post
Prior to this patch, I was able to login and play without any major hiccups, barring a bit of lag here and there.
Overall I would have rated it as very playable. Since the patch (and, coincidentally as soon as I fork over lifetime sub money) I can no longer do anything.

Initial login -> Disconnected from account server as SOON as it shows the character screen
I read the forums, and many people said keep trying, so I do.
One out of about 20 times it will go on, once this happens either
a) endless loading at 'loading list of characters'
b) I can see my characters, and click login

When b happens, I get into game and
a) loading maps takes forever, or never passes
b) I make it into game, in order to do something for 1-2 mins, have Server Disconnected messages.. only to find out whatever I did, never happened.

WTF is going on?!
This is also my issue, after the patch, it was still a little playable, but as soon as I forked over the lifetime sub money, it began to kick me off the account server repeatedly.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Getting Disconnected Too
01-22-2010, 12:12 AM
I have the same disconnection issues documented here and elsewhere. Comcast in San Jose, CA is my ISP.

The odd thing is that both my VOIP aps are also having disconnection issues recently which seem to have coincided with the sudden rise of my STO issues.

I have no idea what that might mean in the bigger picture but it is a bit of data I haven't seen posted before.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-22-2010, 12:12 AM
i cant get past the loading maps screen now. the most i have been able to play at all was for like 1 minute of walking around at the station