Lt. Commander
# 21
01-22-2010, 08:24 AM
I am having the same problems, it seams every other loading screen disconnects me from the server then i have to spend 5 minutes trying to reconnect with various messages from "Disconnected from Account Server" to simply "disconnected"
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJJose View Post
I have the same disconnection issues documented here and elsewhere. Comcast in San Jose, CA is my ISP.

The odd thing is that both my VOIP aps are also having disconnection issues recently which seem to have coincided with the sudden rise of my STO issues.

I have no idea what that might mean in the bigger picture but it is a bit of data I haven't seen posted before.
That most likely means they have throttling on your line, for high bandwidth applications, such as p2p applications,mmo's, and voip's. My ISp used to do teh same, thats why i switched to an unrestricted ISP.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-22-2010, 08:30 AM
If you get disconnects please go to this forum and provide your Internet Service provider name:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=76545
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJJose View Post
I have the same disconnection issues documented here and elsewhere. Comcast in San Jose, CA is my ISP.

The odd thing is that both my VOIP aps are also having disconnection issues recently which seem to have coincided with the sudden rise of my STO issues.

I have no idea what that might mean in the bigger picture but it is a bit of data I haven't seen posted before.
It so nice to see someone else posting about this. I'm wondering if there is some router connection that is just plain creating havoc in the area. We use Ooma and it's been off and on since yesterday afternoon. Ooma is also out of California. Their forums are lit about it as well. I know this is a wild stretch. But perhaps these companies need to get the ISP's to look into their services. Oh and my ISP is TWC in North Carolina with no other impact on online services Including other MMO games.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Chris
Has no one else had this problem?
Yah I have it was well. Load screen = boot to login.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Disconnected from account server EVERY time now...this is ridiculous. pre-patch I would get in after a few tries.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
That most likely means they have throttling on your line, for high bandwidth applications, such as p2p applications,mmo's, and voip's. My ISp used to do teh same, thats why i switched to an unrestricted ISP.
What doesn't make sense though is why were we all able to play the beta for a while and then we all started having issues on the 20th. What you're saying doesn't fit, imho.

I'm thinking its something to do with savvis, but I'm only speculating because thats the only thing that makes sense to me.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Having the same problem, automatically d/c for account server everytime
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-22-2010, 12:09 PM
this is so ****ing frustrating...before this new patch, at least I could get into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Just got in for the first time today...perhaps there is hope

scratch that...was unable to move at all or chat...had to quit...x.x hoping that was a problem with Sector Space