Captain
# 11
06-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
If only you were around when QEW was.

Then we really had serious drama. Threads being closed and vendettas out the ass.
I was I thoroughly enjoyed watching the spanking they gave to said fleets

Someday's I yearn their return. I am tempted to go park my boat outside the Bajoran Wormhole.
Career Officer
# 12
06-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I live in a country where over the course of the last two years I have watch the near extinction of the majestic Rhino from our land because of the actions of a few self-serving men.

There is nothing noble about their slaughter, the carnage left in their wake.

A bunch of stuff I'm not really sure about

Had I known that PvP was such a popularity pageant frankly I would have worn a prom dress.

So, suck-it-up, get back on the field - and start to rebuild PvP into what it deserves to be.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
I get the bit about the Rhino. I hope the Chinese are enjoying their cult medicines. I get the bit about you in a Prom Dress. I'll bring the corsage. And the llama.

The rest I'm not sure about. If we're discussing the profoundly held back group that needs to automate their badness well that group needs to go. And it needs to be aired in the light of day, shown for what it is and to bad. They're the cancer, not us. At least I hope that's what the "Pre PWE edit" version of your post said.

And its going to take a great degree of determination to do so. Remember you're talking about a group that on average consists of extremely slow learners that prefer things to remain static going so far as to flat out deny even obvious facts that would injure their standing.

So I'm going to do 3 things to help.

1. No longer purchase Chinee Aphrodisiacs.

2. Refuse to glorify broken fleets and posters.

3. Ask you to the Prom. And rent a llama.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Career Officer
# 13
06-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Make it So. : )

I pledge my Loyalty to Pvp and the honor that is found with in it by the mature and like minded.

Good Kill, and Good game are the words for pvp. Whether you win our loose. Be thankful to those who participated even if they may not be gracious.

When and if someone pops you and you know you could have survived. Say good kill. It does wonders. Let you ego go sometimes. No need to hash out every death people. We all have our time to meet our makers. whether it by someone lucky shot or some ones skill.

No one can win them all, and yes if the sun was in your eyes. Toughen up and say good killr good game anyway. It goes along way sometimes.

To those that like to talk. Let them talk. They are mostly talk and they will show them selves for what who they are. No need to feed into them or drag your self down a peg by acknowledging immature behavior. Instead just use them as target practice. :
Jay Maverick
Career Officer
# 14
06-14-2013, 09:55 AM
I like your thoughts on the rhino concept OP. I am sure that is hitting it pretty close.
Jay Maverick
Career Officer
# 15
06-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
The rest I'm not sure about.
Let's see if I can help.

He seemed to specifically be targeting self-aggrandizement, which I think he has a good point on. It's a simple human failing anyone can fall into and drk's message is something we all need to take to heart.

I'd like to think that he might also consider dealing in rumor, hearsay, open slander and unnecessary insults as being things that aren't very good for the community at large as well, but obviously that's something only drk could tell me.

Captain
# 16
06-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post

I'd like to think that he might also consider dealing in rumor, hearsay, open slander and unnecessary insults as being things that aren't very good for the community at large as well, but obviously that's something only drk could tell me.
Absolutely agree with you. But, to be honest we both know I was not speculating. I am not one for gossip and such.

And I have never ...! Well once, but that's another tale altogether ... worn a dress. 41 and still waiting for my prom date to show.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 06-14-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
06-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Let's see if I can help.

He seemed to specifically be targeting self-aggrandizement, which I think he has a good point on. It's a simple human failing anyone can fall into and drk's message is something we all need to take to heart.

Thanks for trying but it seems that you can't. Thinking otherwise on your part was simple self-aggrandizement. But on to other things.

There's no indication that he was specifically targeting self-aggrandizement in a general manner, as seemingly ubiquitous as that shortcoming may be. For example by saying "Gee, folks should be demure, cheery and nice, and not big fat dicks.". That's a general statement on a specific subject that indicates no obvious trigger. But I think there was a trigger. I think he had a particular event in mind when he started the thread. Here's why I say that.

"This gets me thinking about certain actions by certain groups and individuals in PvP.

I am sure that all of you know what I mean."

You may have noticed his post was edited. I BET the part that was removed was the part where it was stated plainly for anyone that DIDN'T in fact already know what he meant. So where's the trigger?

So yah I guess only Drk can tell us. And only if he doesn't get moderated again.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.

Last edited by thissler; 06-14-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Captain
# 18
06-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Thumbs up to the OP and the OP origional post too
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 19
06-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Absolutely agree with you. But, to be honest we both know I was not speculating. I am not one for gossip and such.
Sorry, if my post was worded to seem as if I was implying that you were.

That wasn't the intent at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
There's no indication that he was specifically targeting self-aggrandizement in a general manner

No he was being very specific as to the trigger, on the other hand I think we are all capable of extrapolating beyond that.

Using a current example to hopefully set a tone for the future.

That's what I get from drk's post. He's at once upset, but he still cares enough to post a thread to hopefully bring things to a better place.

Out of respect for him, that's the tone I'm going to take as well.

Commander
# 20
06-14-2013, 12:44 PM
As the best pvper in STO, I officially endorse the sentiments of the OP. Any noobs who disagree deserve to be spawncamped ruthlessly over and over again using any and all means possible until they leave the queues forever.