Lt. Commander
# 1 Terran Federation?
08-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Did I miss a quest or something? where did these guys come from? I've been running into them since I hit DS9 but there is no explanation why and how they are in our universe.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
Did I miss a quest or something? where did these guys come from? I've been running into them since I hit DS9 but there is no explanation why and how they are in our universe.
Do more quests and you'll see how they get here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2010, 03:04 PM
These are the guys from the 'Mirror' Universe... If you haven't seen the Star Trek episodes about this,(with a gateway associated with the 'worm hole' outside DS9) you will eventually come across missions that involve them...
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
These are the guys from the 'Mirror' Universe... If you haven't seen the Star Trek episodes about this,(with a gateway associated with the 'worm hole' outside DS9) you will eventually come across missions that involve them...
I have seen the episodes, but the problem is last time we heard about them on the show they were slaves rebelling from the Klingons/Cardies and most definitely didn't have an empire anymore, as for getting over it was always explained as a transporter thing, the crossover almost always happened sans ships.

Just a little confused here, I'm almost done with the DS9 mission and no reference has been found.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
I have seen the episodes, but the problem is last time we heard about them on the show they were slaves rebelling from the Klingons/Cardies and most definitely didn't have an empire anymore, as for getting over it was always explained as a transporter thing, the crossover almost always happened sans ships.

Just a little confused here, I'm almost done with the DS9 mission and no reference has been found.
You'll find out in the mission called "Crack in the Mirror" which is for Captain level 8.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Okay... I just ran into the story and it's very cool, but honestly having them flying around the sector and running into them during the exploration missions was very WTF without seeing the missions before hand.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-13-2010, 02:37 AM
I remember in the (very good) game "Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force" the Terran Federation also appeared and, as far as I remember, it wasn't explained at all.

It's rather well explained in STO though.

By the way, this is not relevant at all, just something I remembered.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarival View Post
I remember in the (very good) game "Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force" the Terran Federation also appeared and, as far as I remember, it wasn't explained at all.

It's rather well explained in STO though.

By the way, this is not relevant at all, just something I remembered.
In Voyager they were the ones from TOS with an old Constitution-class (or how they call it according to the RPG Inquisition-class) ship. No idea how the Vorsoth got them. Different time and different universe.

What still annoys me concerning the mirror universe in STO is that they use the Starfleet delta shield insignia instead of the impaled earth of the Terran Empire. Seriously, they even changed the ships (I don't know why, all mirror ships we saw onscreen were identical to their prime universe counterparts (except a few letters and numbers on the hull), but they always miss that detail.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-13-2010, 01:17 PM
O'Brien fly's around in a Imperial Class, not your standard Fed Assault Cruiser (first alt to be added to C-Store). I think they need to change the badges to the impaled earth, but the delta is sort of explained in "Crack in the Mirror" (won't go into it here, spoiler). At least they could of put the delta on the opposite side, true to the Mirror Mirror concept (left is right and right is left).
Ensign
# 10
06-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
In Voyager they were the ones from TOS with an old Constitution-class (or how they call it according to the RPG Inquisition-class) ship. No idea how the Vorsoth got them. Different time and different universe.

What still annoys me concerning the mirror universe in STO is that they use the Starfleet delta shield insignia instead of the impaled earth of the Terran Empire. Seriously, they even changed the ships (I don't know why, all mirror ships we saw onscreen were identical to their prime universe counterparts (except a few letters and numbers on the hull), but they always miss that detail.
The Vorsoth didn't cross time to bring them there. For all we know, the ship could have been brought to our dimension by chance, and was captured by the Vorsoth. Or the Vorsoth could have just captured them. The ship had been in the clutches of the Vorsoth for a long while. Now that I think about it, it was probably the Tholians of this dimension that brought them here.