Empire Veteran
# 1 Sto story question
06-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Finally almost through all the revamped story with my romulan alt.
So, to makes sence of it all the very last thing we, and all factions see is the iconian portal in undine space, correct?

So, the story will continue with no more backstory from then on in? The discovery of the undine portal?
Rihannsu
# 2
06-14-2013, 02:41 PM
You need to have tossed a "SPOILER ALERT" in your topic title.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
06-14-2013, 03:02 PM
A story question kind of assumes spoilers are going to happen.

And, actually, I think the New Romulus unlocked missions up to the discovery of the gateway there take place after the discovery of the gateway in Fluidic space. Stahl hinted in the ask cryptic that the next story thing will be relating to that gateway.

I'm not sure where the whole Borg invasion falls in - the Vega attack and the standard Borg missions are clear enough, but the campaign against them in the STFs isn't. But, since that storyline doesn't overlap at all with the New Romulus one, it doesn't really matter which one would be officially first.

Last edited by hevach; 06-14-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Captain
# 4
06-14-2013, 03:20 PM
The next step in the story will be the use of the New Romulus gateway, and the return of Sela.
Pretty sure we'll use the gate, find Sela, and bring her back.
Empire Veteran
# 5
06-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Well, then I have a follow up question: if the dewar spent 100k yrs trying to get the gateway to work and failed. It even destroyed their civilization.
And the undine already have an already working one...
And it takes one ship to get To it...
Wouldn't it just be easier just to use theirs?
Empire Veteran
# 6
06-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
A story question kind of assumes spoilers are going to happen.

And, actually, I think the New Romulus unlocked missions up to the discovery of the gateway there take place after the discovery of the gateway in Fluidic space. Stahl hinted in the ask cryptic that the next story thing will be relating to that gateway.

I'm not sure where the whole Borg invasion falls in - the Vega attack and the standard Borg missions are clear enough, but the campaign against them in the STFs isn't. But, since that storyline doesn't overlap at all with the New Romulus one, it doesn't really matter which one would be officially first.
I am pretty sure the Borg, preservers, and the wormhole aliens have had contact with the iconians before.
The Borg are invading because their assimilation is a defense.
The preservers "seeding" was another defense.
The wormhole aliens don't really know what is going on because they have no concept of time.