Empire Veteran
I have a quite a bit of Lobi on my KDF Main but now I'm trying to gear up my Alts and I want to get the MKXII Jem Space set that cost 300 Lobi.

I have little to no Lobi on my Alts and I don't plan on spending any money to try to get Lobi on them when I have a main that has enough to go around.

If Lobi can't be shared account wide at least make the Equipment that we can buy with the Character bound Lobi be account bound till it's equipped.

I have 10 alts (soon to be 12) and it makes no sense what so ever for me to have to make sure that each of them has a stock pile of Lobi when one Character may already have enough to go around.
Captain
# 2
06-14-2013, 04:45 PM
WOn't happen.

As much as all players would like it Cryptic/PWE won't allow it. Simply for the fact that getting lobi onto multiple characters makes them money.

the reason they SAY it won't happen (Binding Lobi to account) is because of the free Lobi that players can earn in certain instances, like the ferengi thief and the FE reruns.
Career Officer
# 3
06-14-2013, 04:51 PM
The interview I heard with Dan Stahl they are looking into making lobi equipment acct bound, not the lobi crystals themselves but whatever we buy with them acct bound. So keep fingers crossed.
Career Officer
# 4
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
The Jem'hadar Mk XII upgrade in the Lobi store is just that, an upgrade. It isn't a set by itself that is given when purchased.

You need to have the whole Mk XI set in your inventory first in order to purchase the upgrade. When you purchase the upgrade it upgrades the Mk XI set into the Mk XII set, replacing the Mk XI version completely.

The Mk XI set is bound to your character when you obtain it, so if you want the upgraded version, you need to play various episodes to obtain the whole Mk XI set first and open lockboxes on the character to get Lobi to buy the upgrade..........you have to do that on every single character you want the upgraded set for.

Making the Lobi store upgrade account bound wouldn't work because of needing the Mk XI version first.

Annoyingly, you need to play the episode "Operation Gamma" twice from the "Cardassian Struggle" set of episodes in the mission journal to get the deflector and engines. Then you need to play "Boldly they Rode", the final mission in "The Cardassian Struggle" episodes in the mission journal, to get the shield array.

One thing players have been asking for for a long time is that they make Lobi Crystals themselves account bound. But from what I gather, the reason they don't is because of that mission (called "Unlocking the Box") where you go to Drozana station and get a couple boxes and keys. One box gives you a level appropriate item and the other gives you a single Lobi Crystal. (The keys can only be used on the 2 boxes you get from the mission) I guess they are afraid that with Lobi account bound, players will make new characters, get to Drozana station for the free Lobi, save it, then delete the character and do it over and over.

If I recall, the mission "Unlocking the Box" isn't available until around level 6, give or take a couple levels. I don't see why anyone would want to sit there all day creating characters, leveling them up to get the mission, then fly all the way to Drozana station for a single free Lobi Crystal. For me that would be too time consuming and not worth the trouble, and I doubt there would be enough players doing it to cause Cryptic concern. (Of course they could just remove the Lobi Crystal and have the box it comes in give another level appropriate item) You really can't get anything useful for a single Lobi Crystal.
Self Portrait
Career Officer
# 5
06-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john53a View Post
The interview I heard with Dan Stahl they are looking into making lobi equipment acct bound, not the lobi crystals themselves but whatever we buy with them acct bound. So keep fingers crossed.
yeah just like that pvp revamp that's coming .....I wont hold my breath
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Rihannsu
# 6
06-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
the reason they SAY it won't happen (Binding Lobi to account) is because of the free Lobi that players can earn in certain instances, like the ferengi thief and the FE reruns.
He is not talking about Lobi, he is talking about Lobi STORE equipment that is locked to character.

This is a case were lets say you get a D'kora, now to get the D'kora set you need 600 lobi that is roughly 150 lock boxes, that means you have to get 600 Lobi on the character that uses the D'Kora because the set are locked to character, meaning you cannot just get different set parts in different characters.

The end result is you having to buy 150 keys on that character.that is 226 million EC.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Career Officer
# 7
06-14-2013, 07:19 PM
certain weapons are tradable I know ships and shuttles are tradable
also Dstahl said they were looking into ways to make more stuff tradeable from lobi store between account however at this time lobi is not going to ne account wide which sucks
Commander
# 8
06-14-2013, 07:45 PM
I am going to propose an idea that will probably get me murdalized by the community, but here it goes:

What if Cryptic created an item duplicator. They could add it to the Cstore for a small amount of Zen, say 100-500 (with a discounted 10pack)

This item when used would allow a player to duplicate any one item that was already bound to the player or account, this new item would be bound to account. Thus, players could create multiple instances of high value items without risk of disrupting the economy too heavily while at the same time generating another revenue stream for Cryptic.