Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 1 Boff heads gone invisible!
06-15-2013, 08:36 AM
I bought a rather expensive Romulan Embassy boff (88,000 fleet credits + dil), that gives extra CritH. So far so good.

However, having the boff trained by a fleet mate, now her entire head is invisible! Except for her eyes. Real creepy too. I was told this was a know problem, and would be fixed and was already on tribble. However, going to tribble yesterday, turns out it's still broken.

Seriously, Crypic; random boffs showing up on my bridge is one thing, having them show up without their head is quite another!
Career Officer
# 2
06-20-2013, 07:28 AM
So, how's about we fix this annoying issue?

Will Brandon finally do something with these?!
Commander
# 3
06-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
I bought a rather expensive Romulan Embassy boff (88,000 fleet credits + dil), that gives extra CritH. So far so good.

However, having the boff trained by a fleet mate, now her entire head is invisible! Except for her eyes. Real creepy too. I was told this was a know problem, and would be fixed and was already on tribble. However, going to tribble yesterday, turns out it's still broken.

Seriously, Crypic; random boffs showing up on my bridge is one thing, having them show up without their head is quite another!
Not that I defend bugs, but do we REALLY want to focus on graphical ones? Ever since S7, any shields in my inventory or bank show my shuttles stats. No way to see what stats on ship are without equipping them (possible character/account bind) . This actually affects gameplay. Worse for nubish players who don't even know about it. Just giving one of many examples.

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk

Last edited by omegashinzon; 06-20-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
06-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegashinzon View Post
Not that I defend bugs, but do we REALLY want to focus on graphical ones?
Actually, yes, we want to. I mean, this is a graphical game, in its entirety. All the stats in the world are'n't gonna do anyone any good without proper graphics for immersion. Having a headless boff on your bridge ist just incredibly annoying. If they show up at all, that is, as now you just seem to get random boffs on your bridge. Yes, that's another pet peeve of mine.

And seriously, if they can create a gorgeous new Romulan flotilla, you're telling me they can't spend even 1 lousy minute to have someone restore the Rom's boff's head?! And no, I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Besides, where do you drsw the line? Is it okay for parts of your ship hull to not appear either? Far as I'm concerned: no! Visibility of basic structures, body & or ship parts, is IMHO a core functionality of the game. Some dev should fix these things -- if for nothing else, professional pride.
Commander
# 5
06-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Actually, yes, we want to. I mean, this is a graphical game, in its entirety. All the stats in the world are'n't gonna do anyone any good without proper graphics for immersion. Having a headless boff on your bridge ist just incredibly annoying. If they show up at all, that is, as now you just seem to get random boffs on your bridge. Yes, that's another pet peeve of mine.

And seriously, if they can create a gorgeous new Romulan flotilla, you're telling me they can't spend even 1 lousy minute to have someone restore the Rom's boff's head?! And no, I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Besides, where do you drsw the line? Is it okay for parts of your ship hull to not appear either? Far as I'm concerned: no! Visibility of basic structures, body & or ship parts, is IMHO a core functionality of the game. Some dev should fix these things -- if for nothing else, professional pride.
right right right. Just feels to me like getting your car waxed when it has flat tires. That's just me tho, we all have our battles i guess.

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
Lieutenant
# 6
06-22-2013, 09:50 AM
I have two embassy boffs missing their heads and hands, floating eyes and ears with a shirt, pants and shoes, on two toons... And one missing his hair and feet on another. This has been a known issue since S7 launched. Still no fix... Part of this game is the illusion (I guess the illusion is that it'll work right) and it's very irritating to have boffs missing vital body parts on your bridge or your away team.

And what about the HY plasma torp targeting bug?

The lagalicous Starbase Fleet Defense?

Game crashes?

Oh wait, ignore the bugs, WE NEED MOAR GRIND!

There are enumerable bugs, some benign but just as irritating as some of the more serious and potentially game breaking ones... But instead of fixing them we keep pumping out seasons and fleet holdings and lock boxes galore. Put all that crap on hold and FIX a thing or two. I happened to end up with the money to buy a lifetime membership the other day, and I got all excited... Then I actually stopped and thought "Why on earth am I going to pay for something that is beyond broken?" So I didn't, and I won't. They might get the occasional $5 here and there from me, but I won't buy a membership.

But you know, really, at this point, I'd just be happy with my boffs body parts back.
Delirium Tremens
XO of Training
Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
Join us at www.dtfleet.com

Last edited by silverrain79; 06-22-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Commander
# 7
06-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverrain79 View Post
Oh wait, ignore the bugs, WE NEED MOAR GRIND!

There are enumerable bugs, some benign but just as irritating as some of the more serious and potentially game breaking ones... But instead of fixing them we keep pumping out seasons and fleet holdings and lock boxes galore. Put all that crap on hold and FIX a thing or two. I happened to end up with the money to buy a lifetime membership the other day, and I got all excited... Then I actually stopped and thought "Why on earth am I going to pay for something that is beyond broken?" So I didn't, and I won't. They might get the occasional $5 here and there from me, but I won't buy a membership.
heh, i been screaming that for months. even started threads on it. inevitably more newer players come along and say they want shiny new ships or something. devs rly shud know better, but apparently dont. in fact, was just mentioning to someone (IRL) about how they have all the time in the world to change things like the voiceover and ship details in Azure Rescue pve, but none to fix bugs if they dont have to. im way passed irritated with it, and pfft, lifetime mebership? no way till they get their heads on straight.

Last edited by omegashinzon; 06-22-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Lieutenant
# 8
06-23-2013, 10:10 AM
So... Like 15min after I made that comment STO made my computer BSOD. -.- I built this computer, and I build solid systems, and this thing has NEVER BSOD'd on me before.
Delirium Tremens
XO of Training
Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
Join us at www.dtfleet.com
Commander
# 9
06-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
So... Like 15min after I made that comment STO made my computer BSOD. -.- I built this computer, and I build solid systems, and this thing has NEVER BSOD'd on me before.
Funny you should say that. STO is the ONLY thing that BSODs my computer. It has been doing it randomly and sporadically for many months. It mainly, if not always, happens when I am on the exchange/doffing/using mail. Basically some in game system. Rarely, if ever, during a PvP, PvE, or anything else you'd consider "gameplay". I submitted a ticket a long time ago and got some lame response. It only happens on this one computer so I've chaulked it up to my graphics card? (Yes, I've troubleshooted/checked driver updates/etc) I might go weeks with no BSOD, then happen 5 times in a day. The only 2 patterns aside from usually being on exchange is possibly before and after some patches either fix or make it recur, positioning my laptop a very specific way on my fan base also "seems" to help. Which is basically why I've attributed it to overheating graph card.

Career Officer
# 10
07-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
I have two embassy boffs missing their heads and hands, floating eyes and ears with a shirt, pants and shoes, on two toons... And one missing his hair and feet on another. This has been a known issue since S7 launched. Still no fix... Part of this game is the illusion (I guess the illusion is that it'll work right) and it's very irritating to have boffs missing vital body parts on your bridge or your away team.
Yes, it's getting ridiculous. Almost all my Embassy boffs are missing body parts now. And what do you get when you bring this up?! The community manager feeding you a slick line on how they need to work on pulling in the *next* customer (aka: screw the existing ones! Wasn't there a Rule of Acquisition about that?! Something like "Once you have their money...").

And precisely because Cryptic is only interested in the *next* paying player, we now get a Bran(d) new Summer event, and an emergency 3-hour long patch for it the very next day! Would be nice if they could extend us the same courtesy for older bugs, right? But no, we already paid: we don't matter. Gotta cater to the potentially new customer!