Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 417
With my Romulan Federation ally characters I can still do the Explore Strange New Worlds dailies and get 1440 dilithium every 24hrs, however with my Romulan Klingon ally I obviously can't get those missions from Starfleet so what is the Klingon equivalent of this?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,426
# 2
06-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Well, there are fairly more ways for earning dilithium on the KDF than on the Federation. Now, have in mind that certain things have been bugged for KDF Romulans, like the PvP wrappers and Empire Defense missions that grant nice amounts of dilithium and are due to be fixed (hopefully).
Also have in mind that someone at Cryptic forgot to lower the requirements on the KDF chars when they made the KDF a full faction, so some things open up after you reach lvl 21 (as it used to be pre LoR).

The one you're asking for though, the KDF equivalent of "Explore strange new worlds" is called "We need breathing room" and is granted by Lt. Antonone, you can find it in your availible missions tab. I think this one works as suposed.
Because true Starfleet Captains command Exploration Cruisers!
Thank you Cryptic for finally giving me MY SHIP!!!
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 417
# 3
06-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Well, there are fairly more ways for earning dilithium on the KDF than on the Federation. Now, have in mind that certain things have been bugged for KDF Romulans, like the PvP wrappers and Empire Defense missions that grant nice amounts of dilithium and are due to be fixed (hopefully).
Also have in mind that someone at Cryptic forgot to lower the requirements on the KDF chars when they made the KDF a full faction, so some things open up after you reach lvl 21 (as it used to be pre LoR).

The one you're asking for though, the KDF equivalent of "Explore strange new worlds" is called "We need breathing room" and is granted by Lt. Antonone, you can find it in your availible missions tab. I think this one works as suposed.
Do I need to go speak to this Lt. Antonone? Because there is nothing listed under available missions and my Romulan Klingon ally character is level 32 now, this is why I am confused I have zero mission under the "available" tab...and if I do need to go speak to this Lt. Antonone then where would I find him/her?

Last edited by elemberq333; 06-16-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 4
06-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Like practically all of the KDF side missions, they are broken.

Romulans allied with the KDF thus receive no dilithium and have to survive by eating canned catfood.

At least we HAVE catfood...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,426
# 5
06-19-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemberq333 View Post
Do I need to go speak to this Lt. Antonone? Because there is nothing listed under available missions and my Romulan Klingon ally character is level 32 now, this is why I am confused I have zero mission under the "available" tab...and if I do need to go speak to this Lt. Antonone then where would I find him/her?
Well, I have to agree with doffingcomrade then. From what you explained here I can see that this is just one more of those things that are broken since LoR.

You can't find Lt.Antonone anywhere, the guy doesn't exist as an NPC, he exist only as a contact in your availible missions tab. (Something like the Tellarite Lt.Grall on the Fed. side) You are suposed to have him and several other contacts in the availible tab, but it seems that they're still broken for KDF alligned Romulans.
We can only hope it gets straightened out soon, or start threads complaining about it. (not that there haven't been some already by people who noticed this in the Romulan forum)
Because true Starfleet Captains command Exploration Cruisers!
Thank you Cryptic for finally giving me MY SHIP!!!
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 417
# 6
06-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Hard to believe they would miss something this drastic in testing, so it is pretty obvious to me they just decided to go ahead with LoR and to hell with anyone who wants to ally with the Klingons.

The story they wrote, where you go to Khitomer and the Romulan Temar gives his life to save the Klingon ambassador gravitates the player towards wanting to ally with the Klingons, and Cryptic does this?

Absolutely shameful on their part, absolutely pathetic.

No point in playing my Romulan Klingon ally until they decide to fix this and that pisses me off big time!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,331
# 7
06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemberq333 View Post
Hard to believe they would miss something this drastic in testing, so it is pretty obvious to me they just decided to go ahead with LoR and to hell with anyone who wants to ally with the Klingons.

The story they wrote, where you go to Khitomer and the Romulan Temar gives his life to save the Klingon ambassador gravitates the player towards wanting to ally with the Klingons, and Cryptic does this?

Absolutely shameful on their part, absolutely pathetic.

No point in playing my Romulan Klingon ally until they decide to fix this and that pisses me off big time!
I don't know if you're new to the KDF or not, if you are new this is the treatment we've been getting for 3 years with no end in sight. The release of the leech in this box, rather than the next one, was another way to screw our faction over. No where near as many Romulans as it would have otherwise came to the KDF. Many were going for the leech then when it went into the box, they decided to roll Federation.

To be honest if they were determined that the Rommies had to ally, for the shake of the games population they should have made all Romulans go KDF. It would make sense from the IP as Fed and Romulan despise one another and while the relationship between the two Empires haven't been warm, they have managed to have several alliances in the past, as often their goals are similar.

But yes, it's a load of poop that they let all these bugs into the game, bugs that really effect the choice of what ally you'll go with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 417
# 8
06-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
I don't know if you're new to the KDF or not, if you are new this is the treatment we've been getting for 3 years with no end in sight. The release of the leech in this box, rather than the next one, was another way to screw our faction over. No where near as many Romulans as it would have otherwise came to the KDF. Many were going for the leech then when it went into the box, they decided to roll Federation.

To be honest if they were determined that the Rommies had to ally, for the shake of the games population they should have made all Romulans go KDF. It would make sense from the IP as Fed and Romulan despise one another and while the relationship between the two Empires haven't been warm, they have managed to have several alliances in the past, as often their goals are similar.

But yes, it's a load of poop that they let all these bugs into the game, bugs that really effect the choice of what ally you'll go with.
Yes, I am fairly new to STO I started to play in January of 2013 and I have been playing pretty much daily since then. I have several Federation and Romulan characters at level cap and I have enjoyed the ride a lot for the most part. Then I come across something like this that says to me the developer does not care about the quality of an otherwise excellent expansion.

They wrote the story to gravitate the player to WANT to be a Klingon ally, I felt that strongly when I played through that part of the story and instead of making the experience as good as allying with the Federation they completely blow it and release it with no way to really get dilithium which is a HUGE part of playing STO.

Last edited by elemberq333; 06-19-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 AM.