Rihannsu
# 41
06-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This is similar to the testing that was done for the Vesta ...
Oh you mean the ship that had several issues only pointed out after release and changes AFTER we seen the blog stats and argued about the Aux DHCs uses outside the Vesta (I remember very much what point I made over that one)?

If you are serious about this then be serious about this, not being a PR move for some people that will conduct no actual testing and provide no actual feedback (at least one I seen on the Tribble forums, interesting enough) to go around flying the ship because they have connections with PWE/Cryptic or for some people to advertise them.

I am going to volunteer for this knowing full well chances are near zero but at least I get to add something else to the list when "private testing" is done the next time.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Rihannsu
# 42
06-17-2013, 09:42 AM
If you are actually asking for feedback and PvP is #1 item on the list I m scared.

SO far PvP feedback didnt amount to much visible changes to the game mechanics. All i hear is that Geko is about to release a new ridiculously OP item, and wants some feedback on how to give the illusions of non-OPness.

So what is the feedback about, a balanced meta? Or does it break my computer? Regardless asking for feedback is the first step in the right direction, lets just hope that listening to that feedback is also part of the deal you are announcing here.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Rihannsu
# 43
06-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
[color="SeaGreen"]If you are actually asking for feedback and PvP is #1 item on the list I m scared.
They did the same with the Vesta, some people even YT some videos ... what happened after it hit holo?

Quantum Phaser beam was apparently bugged and was checking the wrong thing or applying it on top (I dont recall exactly, this was month ago) so it got nerfed after the actual PvPers checked the combat logs and did the math.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Empire Veteran
# 44
06-17-2013, 10:00 AM
sounds like fun! i am a very experienced pvp'er, ship builder, number cruncher, and an expert at completing any and all pve content. my ship based knowledge is vast, see my pvp help thread, ive done a large amount of in depth testing of things on my own, and i have spent several hours each season on tribble testing and giving feedback.

these ships will be in good hands with me, and i will provide a ton of feedback. ive got fully leveled characters across all factions and most of the rep gear unlocked, i can put everything through its paces.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 45
06-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Sure, I'll apply. I know my way around the STFs.
Career Officer
# 46
06-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

I wanted to give you a heads up that in the future, you may be seeing currently-unreleased ships flying around on Tribble. We'd like to let you know that we'll be conducting volunteer, focused testing on select upcoming ships by some members of the community. This is similar to the testing that was done for the Vesta, as I posted about here last year. This new thread serves as an announcement thread that will cover any focused testing we decide to conduct on ships now and in the future.

For this type of focused testing, we've looked for, and will look in the future for, members of the community who have a history of testing new additions on Tribble and/ or providing succinct, constructive (positive and negative) feedback regarding additions. They and other peers they've recommended will be playtesting the new ship(s) in group and solo play.

Some of the testing that will occur during focus tests include:

• PvP
  • STFs
  • PvE
  • Powers
  • Costumes/ Patterns

We'd like to continue doing this in the future, so please continue to provide constructive feedback on your Tribble playtests and you never know--you might even be selected by me or recommended by a peer for future testing!

Thanks, and see you in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I would be honored if selected to participate. Not much of a PvPer, but I'll do the rest. But, the last time you did this, it was the most broken thing in the game. *gets a weird vibe*
All Good Things Must Come On Tuesday. (it's a liiiink!)

Musings of a Mad Man; Or, What This Game Could Fix

<--Click for how to get one of these.
Survivor of Remus
# 47
06-17-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm all for testing the looks of a ship and how the gear meshes with it. I'm all about aesthetics
-"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
Rihannsu
# 48
06-17-2013, 10:32 AM
I would like to volunteer. I've tested every season since 6, including the Romulan beta test.

I also play both space and ground STFs regularly, and am a tailor enthusiast.

Thank you!
Career Officer
# 49
06-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Sure, why not?
So, I am sitting alongside a Caitian Atrox Carrier at Earth Spacedock, and I think to myself "Man, that ship has a lot of windows".

Then it occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, because cats love to sit in windows.
Career Officer
# 50
06-17-2013, 10:37 AM
It is a good thing to have a dedicated amount of people who actually focus on testing and provide feedback.

Being a tester from the start of the game on various occasions I would like to volunteer and would be glad to be of any help.