Lieutenant
# 1 Rom Boff stacking?
05-09-2014, 03:01 PM
For several months just been playing less I am interested in trying to up game with two different Romulan capts (Tac and Sci). Have questions on rommie boffs as I start to do overall upgrades --

1) Does the Operative trait from different officers stack including crit change, severity, cloak recharge?

2) Does the Subterfuge trait stack from different officers including stealth bonus, defense and cloak damage?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-10-2014, 07:14 AM
1: Yes to all.

2: No for all but defense bonus, which stacks.
Captain
# 3
05-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annah View Post
1: Yes to all.

2: No for all but defense bonus, which stacks.
Correct, but with the addition that the decloak damage bonus does not stack but it takes your best one.

In addition is Infiltrator, to determine the length of the decloak damage bonus. The game doesn't stack it as we normally think. Getting multiple Superior Infiltrators does not stack. The game will only count 1. However, Infiltrator + Superior Infiltrator DOES stack. This is godly if you are a Reman captain. My Reman Captain and her Infiltrator trait stacks with a Reman BOFF that has Superior Infiltrator. I also BOFFs with Superior Operative, stacking, and 1 BOFF with Superior Subterfuge. The crits are high, the decloak damage bonus is very high, and the Decloak Damage Bonus duration is at 23 ****ing seconds. And Cloaks could be reapplied at 9 seconds, whenever I want basically as the situation calls for it. Cloak up, get into position, and decloak again for a massive bonus.

The BOFFs & BOFF traits with cloaks are half the reason why the Romulans are so OP. Take advantage of it.

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP
Commander
# 4
05-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
My Reman Captain and her Infiltrator trait stacks with a Reman BOFF that has Superior Infiltrator. I also BOFFs with Superior Operative, stacking, and 1 BOFF with Superior Subterfuge.
I haven't played for a while - still waiting for them to fix my bugged main character - but from memory doesn't this work the other way? I thought the player character traits were 'superior' even though they display as regular, so they stack with regular and inferior.