Empire Veteran
# 31
06-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Just wondering, what would happen if the discounts were staggered a bit more exponentially (if that's the right word) to favour smaller fleets (what this fleet holding was supposed to address).

So 15% is max for T3, ok, what if you make T1 say 8% and T2 12%?
Just thinking, smaller fleets (including mine) are going to be stuck in lower tiers (likely T2) for much longer (indefinitely) than large ones that'll hit T3 as soon as the timers run out anyway.

So why not weight the discounts towards the lower end, so fleets without big fleet resources get larger discounts over a longer period of time? THIS would be how you'd benefit smaller fleets better imo.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser

Last edited by eradicator84; 06-17-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 32
06-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Just wondering, what would happen if the discounts were staggered a bit more exponentially (if that's the right word) to favour smaller fleets (what this fleet holding was supposed to address).

So 15% is max for T3, ok, what if you make T1 say 8% and T2 12%?
Just thinking, smaller fleets (including mine) are going to be stuck in lower tiers (likely T2) for much longer (indefinitely) than large ones that'll hit T3 as soon as the timers run out anyway.

So why not weight the discounts towards the lower end, so fleets without big fleet resources get larger discounts over a longer period of time? THIS would be how you'd benefit smaller fleets better imo.
this actually seems reasonable, and there are declining returns for most other stuff in the game
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
06-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
[*]The exterior death volume no longer extends into the second floor of the mine.
I'm a little confused by that statement. Is there a second floor (that I don't know about) or is the second floor where the stores are?
Captain
# 34
06-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
I'll run another test to confirm myself, but I've got one contraband in said toons inventory. So not having inventory space shouldn't be an issue, since they stack.

It's a confirmed bug, I haven't seen a fix on holodeck. Are your slavers stealing on Tribble or Live or Both.

EDIT: Tested on holodeck, after 17 minutes they stole 440 EC. I hope the nerf wasn't to the frequency.
I've only run the Slavers on Holodeck Live recently.
Empire Veteran
# 35
06-17-2013, 10:54 PM
I had a different idea, one that I doubt would be popular, IF it could even work:

Why not make it a decreasing discount? (Note: ONLY on fleet projects. All other discounts, aka the dil store discounts for buying stuff for players would stay the same)

Namely, it starts out large, and goes down.

Example:

Tier 0: 0%
Tier 1: 30%
Tier 2: 20%
Tier 3: 10%

The logic behind it, in terms of in-game story, is that at tier 0, the mine is untapped, unused, and thus no discount is given. At tier 1, you could say that the whole output of the mine, while a bit basic, is all devoted to exporting the resources elsewhere, hence the larger discount. in-turn, as the mine is further developed, more resources are needed to maintain the mine, and a lesser discount is given.

In terms of how this would affect people, this would basically mean that, for the fleet projects only, a fleet could grind their mine to tier 1 and leave it there. So they would get this larger discount for all fleet holdings at the cost of not being able to get the best gear and such from it.

On the other end, the fleets that are ok without as large a discount can still tier up their mine, still getting a permanent discount across the board, but in turn being able to gain access to all the best new gear from it.

i dunno how well it'd work, but it would solve most of what people are wanting. It's help small fleets by letting them have their discounts to make SB and Embassy grinding less painful, medium and medium-large fleets would also get a discount along with probably leveling their mine at a good pace, while mega-fleets would get that discount, but still quickly mega-level the mine and finish it quickly (relatively speaking).

Empire Veteran
# 36
06-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I had a different idea, one that I doubt would be popular, IF it could even work:

Why not make it a decreasing discount? (Note: ONLY on fleet projects. All other discounts, aka the dil store discounts for buying stuff for players would stay the same)

Namely, it starts out large, and goes down.

Example:

Tier 0: 0%
Tier 1: 30%
Tier 2: 20%
Tier 3: 10%

The logic behind it, in terms of in-game story, is that at tier 0, the mine is untapped, unused, and thus no discount is given. At tier 1, you could say that the whole output of the mine, while a bit basic, is all devoted to exporting the resources elsewhere, hence the larger discount. in-turn, as the mine is further developed, more resources are needed to maintain the mine, and a lesser discount is given.

In terms of how this would affect people, this would basically mean that, for the fleet projects only, a fleet could grind their mine to tier 1 and leave it there. So they would get this larger discount for all fleet holdings at the cost of not being able to get the best gear and such from it.

On the other end, the fleets that are ok without as large a discount can still tier up their mine, still getting a permanent discount across the board, but in turn being able to gain access to all the best new gear from it.

i dunno how well it'd work, but it would solve most of what people are wanting. It's help small fleets by letting them have their discounts to make SB and Embassy grinding less painful, medium and medium-large fleets would also get a discount along with probably leveling their mine at a good pace, while mega-fleets would get that discount, but still quickly mega-level the mine and finish it quickly (relatively speaking).

if that was the case, here's what my fleet would do: make an alt fleet just to tier 3 the dilithium mine, keep main fleet at tier-1
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Lieutenant
# 37
06-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Dilithium mine, even though it has lots of cool stuff, is another dilithium grinder. The discounts are cool too, but it doesnt help much the smaller fleets. If it takes long to fill current projects with small fleet, yeah, great idea to put in another holding so the people can grind more to fill that too.
Where in that is the idea to help out small fleet? :-(
Empire Veteran
# 38
06-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
if that was the case, here's what my fleet would do: make an alt fleet just to tier 3 the dilithium mine, keep main fleet at tier-1
My fleet would probably do the same. However, there would be fleets out there who would level the mine all the way in their 'main' fleet. Like the 500-man mega-fleets who need as much FC generation as possible.

Still, I know it isn't perfect an idea, not at all, but that seems to be acting like protomatter in a way by solving certain...'fundamental problems' regarding the fleet issue.

Captain
# 39
06-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taya4svk View Post
Dilithium mine, even though it has lots of cool stuff, is another dilithium grinder. The discounts are cool too, but it doesnt help much the smaller fleets. If it takes long to fill current projects with small fleet, yeah, great idea to put in another holding so the people can grind more to fill that too.
Where in that is the idea to help out small fleet? :-(
The real issue is that other than for PvP - no-one needs anything from the Fleet system

you don't need fleet ships/fleet gear/ fleet anything - to play 99% of the games content.

The fleet system should really be looked on as an "extra" thing that players can do - not that they must do.

If you "need" fleet gear or fleet ships to do ESTF's or most other missions - you are doing lots of things wrong.
Empire Veteran
# 40
06-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
My fleet would probably do the same. However, there would be fleets out there who would level the mine all the way in their 'main' fleet. Like the 500-man mega-fleets who need as much FC generation as possible.

Still, I know it isn't perfect an idea, not at all, but that seems to be acting like protomatter in a way by solving certain...'fundamental problems' regarding the fleet issue.
No need to give service to the mega fleets, most are adapting in other ways, for example, they stop actively recruiting, they create sister/branch specialized/alt fleets, or they ignore the issue completely.

A fleet that has a hard time generating fleet credits is making the problem themselves. No need to change the system just for them. Besides, that problem is more easily addressed by adding 4th slot embassy and dilithium mine projects that mimic the 5th slot starbase ones

Keep in mind the fleet system is supposed to be based on a fleet of 25 average sto players.