Survivor of Romulus
# 51 Dilithium Surplus
06-18-2013, 07:10 AM
How about introduction of something like Dilithium Surplus for Dilithium Mine holding:

Every time Fleet member mined Dilithium in the Mine he/she gets Dilithium Surplus in ADDITION to normal payout (like 10%,20%,30% depending on tier). This Dilithium Surplus does not need refinement and not counts against players refinement cap, but can ONLY be used as supplement, to any Dilithium requirements on any project , it will give same Fleet Credit rewards, as regular Dilithium does.
Exemple:
Provision Fleet Ships I : 18,000 Refined dilithium OR dilitium surplus

the same way we can contribute Medical OR Science Officers now.

If game mechanics can not support OR statement , Just automatically add surplus to any available projects, that required Dilithium and give player Fleet Credits. This will ensure ,that fleet will always run at least one dilitium required project at all time.

This model WILL help small fleets, will not directly affect Dilitium economy and will increase Fleet participation.
Thank you for listening.
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
06-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyouki View Post
See, the input discounts exacerbate a problem larger fleets already have, BUT, I think this is a good thing in that one change could fix BOTH large and small fleet problems: fleet alliances.

Allow fleet members to put resources into the missions of ANY allied fleet. Larger fleets get an outlet for resources and a rich new source for fleet credits; smaller fleets get an influx of resources they so desperately need. Thoughts?
I think this really is the ideal solution as well. Just have it so that when you invite someone to your fleet base, thier is an NPC there that allows you to donate to thats starbases projects. The fleet I am in maxed out the Embassey months ago and our starbase is currently undergoing the final upgrade project now, we are them finished until the Dilithium mine holding comes in. Howver, we are constantly running projects so members can generate fleet credits, I would be more than happy to put my resources to fleets that really need it to generate fleet credits.
if the option was there.

Formerly Suricata - Join Date July 2008
Empire Veteran
# 53
06-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
THIS.

Why does a dilithium mine need dilithuim? It's like saying a gun needs another gun to shoot. Makes no sense.
Actually, it does imo: in real life, oil rig machines need petroleum-based products to make sure the machines stay operating smoothly.

It's similar here = a Dilithium mine needs Dilithium to build/repair/modify/power the equipment that's mining it in the first place.
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Captain
# 54
06-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Like I said, when I have some solid free time

Here's my biggest problem with all of this booty: the mine was repeatedly described as the means by which the resource burden on fleets would be significantly reduced in the short term. That doesn't mean "well, when we've added in five more fleet holdings over the next five years you'll have paid slightly less than you would have without this addition". It means "here's a mechanic we're adding to significantly reduce the amount of input you need right now, to such a degree that you're seeing benefits from day one".

The current implementation of the mine is the former, not the latter. And frankly, given the goodwill that cryptic have earned with LoR's content (I'm not getting into the stability issues argument, those are a given for MMOs), it's entirely idiotic to squander all of it by making their first post-LoR action a giant, and blatant, reneg.
for our base the hold up is never dilithium...

what stalls out our project are the ridiculous number of Doffs required. There is no easy way to get WHITE doffs in the numbers required.

You can buy them off the exchange but people are gouging so its fairly expensive to fill.

Packs make it slightly easier but then there is the issue of STORING all the doffs you dont need at the moment. And the fact that for me at least 9/10 you get a bunch of chefs and bartenders.

IMO these bases need a complete overhaul.

It shouldnt take longer than 6 months from start to finish.
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leod198 View Post
How about introduction of something like Dilithium Surplus for Dilithium Mine holding:

Every time Fleet member mined Dilithium in the Mine he/she gets Dilithium Surplus in ADDITION to normal payout (like 10%,20%,30% depending on tier). This Dilithium Surplus does not need refinement and not counts against players refinement cap, but can ONLY be used as supplement, to any Dilithium requirements on any project , it will give same Fleet Credit rewards, as regular Dilithium does.
Exemple:
Provision Fleet Ships I : 18,000 Refined dilithium OR dilitium surplus

the same way we can contribute Medical OR Science Officers now.

If game mechanics can not support OR statement , Just automatically add surplus to any available projects, that required Dilithium and give player Fleet Credits. This will ensure ,that fleet will always run at least one dilitium required project at all time.

This model WILL help small fleets, will not directly affect Dilitium economy and will increase Fleet participation.
Thank you for listening.
This would help. Perhaps you buy a dilithium surplus boost that works just like the fleet mark boost, pay for it with fleet credits, and the surplus can only be used on Starbase projects. In my small fleet, we're rolling in extra fleet credits but we're starved for dilithium and fleet marks, and being able to put them back in the fleet would be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 56
06-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyouki View Post
See, the input discounts exacerbate a problem larger fleets already have, BUT, I think this is a good thing in that one change could fix BOTH large and small fleet problems: fleet alliances.

Allow fleet members to put resources into the missions of ANY allied fleet. Larger fleets get an outlet for resources and a rich new source for fleet credits; smaller fleets get an influx of resources they so desperately need. Thoughts?
Yes please. This would be immensely helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-18-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm going to toss out another idea to improve the ability for small fleets to progress their starbase. Create different size fleet limits. The default now is 500, but let's have multiple member limits. Maybe 100, 250, and 500 are good to start. All existing fleets and newly created fleets select what their limit is. This is a one time choice and can never be changed. If you pick 100 and later decide you want more than 100 members, tough, you chose poorly. At that time, fleet project costs are scaled to that max limit. A fleet with a member max of 100 has much lower project costs across the board. 250 and 500 are adjusted as needed. I don't know what the needs of medium and large fleets are, so I won't comment there.

My fleet will never have 100 members. It will probably never have 50 members, even counting alts. A lot of friends and family fleets are in the same situation, and I think most of us would gladly select a permanent lower maximum member limit in exchange for lower project costs.
Career Officer
# 58
06-18-2013, 06:24 PM
This isn't worth it unless it's 5/10/20.

15% discount on a million dilithium input is rather durr.
Empire Veteran
# 59
06-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklinaar View Post
I'm going to toss out another idea to improve the ability for small fleets to progress their starbase. Create different size fleet limits. The default now is 500, but let's have multiple member limits. Maybe 100, 250, and 500 are good to start. All existing fleets and newly created fleets select what their limit is. This is a one time choice and can never be changed. If you pick 100 and later decide you want more than 100 members, tough, you chose poorly. At that time, fleet project costs are scaled to that max limit. A fleet with a member max of 100 has much lower project costs across the board. 250 and 500 are adjusted as needed. I don't know what the needs of medium and large fleets are, so I won't comment there.

My fleet will never have 100 members. It will probably never have 50 members, even counting alts. A lot of friends and family fleets are in the same situation, and I think most of us would gladly select a permanent lower maximum member limit in exchange for lower project costs.
thats actually a pretty good idea, my only concern would be another "faction" like romulans, romulan alts inflated a lot of fleet numbers by significant margin
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Empire Veteran
# 60
06-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
Personally I have a hard time thinking of a way Cryptic could help small fleets without it being exploited.

The best I can come up with is an alliance system where members can donate to allied fleets, but that solution isn't simple to make and can have its own issues. Its a tough pickle.
Do you think my idea of scaling the discounts to favour smaller fleets that'll be stuck in T1/T2 longest (to like 8%/12%/15% for T1/T2/T3 respectively) could be exploited?

As for how to benefit smaller fleets more, don't smaller fleet have more fleet creds? Individuals are inputting more stuff compared to members of larger fleets and so have more FC's to spare? (myself am floating around 2mil unused FC's).

Could FC's themselves be used as an alternative input for some projects? Instead of, or to decrease, FM's and dil requirements?
Larger fleets would have a harder time getting FC's to handle those projects?
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter. Favs - Mogh, Bastion, Monbosh, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Tholian Weaver