Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Huge Drop in Graphic power!
01-21-2010, 05:22 PM
So here's the deal, I got the beta going about a week ago, and things ran smoothly, It looked beautiful, and ran great on my little crap of a Lenovo laptop. But that latest patch that came out two days ago totally trashed the graphics. The HUD and the rest of the game look fine, like they did when I fist played, but my in-game screen looks like I'm playing on a screen about six times too small. I go into the options and try to change the aspect ratio, and all it does is screw with the HUD pop-ups.

Now did Cryptic just lower the graphics across the board to accommodate more players to try and stretch their servers? and I just missed the memo? or am I facing a major problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2010, 05:32 PM
from what im experiencing its improved. Along with the cosmetic adjustments to the UI I can run post proccessing, turn on lighting occlusion and turn off vert sync without stuttering or video card overheating. Before the patch the game was forcing my vid card to work hard and it caused my temps tos hoot up.

From what your saying it looks like your computer is trying to control the resolution. Double check your video properties on the computer side to make sure its not trying to control the game. Then try to adjust your video settings from the login screen before u enter game.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Ditto the drop
01-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm getting the same loss of clarity on the gaming portion of the screen. This happens both on the entry screen where you choose which character to play as well as the sector space screen. The foreground controls and displays all appear normal.

I haven't checked the regular space or ground play screens as my connection keeps dropping shortly after entering the game.

It's both perplexing and annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2010, 06:18 PM
problems here too. My character and ship looks fuzzy or not as good as they did before the last patch. I've played with all the video settings in the game but still the same. The UI is crisp but the other stuff, ships, asteroids, are not clear like they were. I'll try checking to see if my computer is trying to control the resolution of the game, but any other suggestions would be great.

I think I found something. I notied the option "Half Render (or something)" where the game renders the game at have but not the UI. Make sure this is off, it helped me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Before the second patch, my graphics and everything looked great as well. Now, on in game screen, including character select, I have little black grid lines over everything. Like they are part of texture seams or something. I tried playing with video settings as well, but it didn't help.

It's not enough to make the game unplayable, just concerns me. And yes, is slightly annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2010, 07:46 PM
I have to agree here as well, two days ago (couldnt get on yesterday). everything looked great. today after getting the patch graphics look real bad. Tryed making adjustmenst but couldnt find anything that worked. Before this last patch everything was nice and clear and crisp. Now fuzzy and ruff looking.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Try turning off "Half Resolution" That last patch messed with some graphics settings.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianity View Post
Try turning off "Half Resolution" That last patch messed with some graphics settings.
On my settings, "Half Resolution" was always off by default. I pretty much messed with as many different setting combinations as I could think of, but I always have the black grid lines.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Could Also try renaming "C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata\Gameprefs.pref" to "Gameprefs.pref.old"
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-21-2010, 10:53 PM
ya for some reason grafics were fuzzy and I click reset to default and now my HD TV is tellin me that it doesnt suport the resolution . Gona hook up my lcd moniter see if i can fix it.

P.S. Would be nice to have a option pop up if the resolution changed helped and if ya dont click yes would go back to old resolution. like when you change resolution in windows etc.