Captain
I was deleting a bunch of "item sold" -reports when an expired sale message came in. And new messages being at the top, it was instantly next in line to be deleted. I just had a moment to notice it had appeared before it was gone.

Is the item inside lost forever?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Unsure. Deleted items are supposed to come back to you but I have deleted those mails before and never received the item back.
Captain
# 3
06-17-2013, 10:02 PM
When an item is returned from the Exchange, it arrives attached to mail. You have to go to a mailbox (or the appropriate trade ship in sector space) to claim it; if you delete the mail without reclaiming the item, it's gone.

On the plus side, if you put it up on the Exchange, and nobody else wanted it either, odds are good you didn't really want it back anyway...
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Republic Veteran
# 4
06-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
When an item is returned from the Exchange, it arrives attached to mail. You have to go to a mailbox (or the appropriate trade ship in sector space) to claim it; if you delete the mail without reclaiming the item, it's gone.

On the plus side, if you put it up on the Exchange, and nobody else wanted it either, odds are good you didn't really want it back anyway...
unless it was a good item and they were just asking too much for it.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Lieutenant
# 5
06-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post

a lot of items that fail to sell on the exchange can still be recycled for a lot of energy credits
this deserves a better UI. I wish I could disable item sold notifications outright and only get back unsold items. and if deleting the mail it should dump it in my inventory
Republic Veteran
# 6
06-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
a lot of items that fail to sell on the exchange can still be recycled for a lot of energy credits
this deserves a better UI. I wish I could disable item sold notifications outright and only get back unsold items. and if deleting the mail it should dump it in my inventory
That assumes A) people don't want to know when they've sold something (that wouldn't go over well) and B) always having inventory space available. Otherwise, the mail tries to put the item into your inventory, but it fails because there's no space, so it goes back into the mail, which tries to put it in your inventory, ERROR ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE *boom*

____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.