Ensign
I have an alien artifact and would like to create a console. I purchased purple quality officers from the store to use. However i can't seem to use them with the mission. the recommendation do not suggest them, and when i search the entire roster they are not listed.

They are in my roster if i click on view entire roster from a different screen, but the one attached to the assignment process does not show them.

is this a glitch?

Please help
Ensign
# 2
06-16-2013, 05:11 PM
And yes, the officers are the right type for the assigment
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
06-16-2013, 05:28 PM
did you buy it for the right faction?

as a fed you cant use kdf or romulan doffs, as a kdf you cant use Fed or Romulan doffs, as a romulan you can use Romulan doffs and the doffs of the faction you sided with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 4
06-16-2013, 05:32 PM
look at the backdrop artwork in the officer's profile pic. KDF has a three-pointed star, starfleet has a circular seal.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
06-16-2013, 05:37 PM
also another VERY easy way to get the doffs for your faction is to click yes at the bottom middle of the exchange on an option that says something about show only items that are usable and it will hide the items you cant use, ie. if your a kdf looking for doffs and cant find them easy in the swarm of feds (it sucks lol) then activate that option and bam, only kdf doffs will show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 6
06-17-2013, 03:01 AM
Do they have the "Resolve" trait?

I've heard from quite a few people that they were only looking at the success and crit traits when buying a crafting team, missing that the only requirement is "resolve".
Commander
# 7
06-17-2013, 09:31 AM
It is unfortunate that the filter that they introduced with LOR only shows faction specific doffs in the first 400 results, instead of filtering out the other faction entirely. When LOR first came out I loved to see that the 400 amount search cap had been lifted entirely and that I could actually find what I was looking for. Now that it is back it makes it harder sometimes since under the duty officers, if you were going to search for KDF colonists and there weren't any listed in the 1-400 price range, you're either SOL or you have to go find specific colonist names which is a time consuming process to be sure.

I think a tweak to this filter would be all it needs to actually serve the purpose it was introduced to serve, simply remove the other faction's doffs entirely instead of just hiding them.