Lt. Commander
hello
i have 16 toons now , some of them have lobi some of them not.

mostly its the older kdf players that have lobi excess i would not use and the new romi players that have non.

i want to spend lobi , i use the lobi and buying more lobi using all means possible when i want to , as i am sure everyone else do .

so cryptic why not let us please share the lobi and transfer excess amounts to the toons that actually can do something with it.

i got about 5 toons that have between 20-50 lobi on them . it simply make no sense that i cannot just move it to another toon where i can actually use it for something .

i know you want to make money and lobi which is a toon bind stuff is far more profitable for you then something account shared like stuff on the Zen store .
i dont contest that . your game after all not mine. so make the stuff you buy with lobi a toon bound , but at least let us put the lobi on a toon that will actually use it.

thank you
Career Officer
# 2
09-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheard View Post
hello
i have 16 toons now , some of them have lobi some of them not.

mostly its the older kdf players that have lobi excess i would not use and the new romi players that have non.

i want to spend lobi , i use the lobi and buying more lobi using all means possible when i want to , as i am sure everyone else do .

so cryptic why not let us please share the lobi and transfer excess amounts to the toons that actually can do something with it.

i got about 5 toons that have between 20-50 lobi on them . it simply make no sense that i cannot just move it to another toon where i can actually use it for something .

i know you want to make money and lobi which is a toon bind stuff is far more profitable for you then something account shared like stuff on the Zen store .
i dont contest that . your game after all not mine. so make the stuff you buy with lobi a toon bound , but at least let us put the lobi on a toon that will actually use it.

thank you

This idea has been brought up about a gazillion times, with afaik no response from the devs sadly.

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea, but it doesnt seem to be gaining any traction with Cryptic whatsoever.
Captain
# 3
09-18-2013, 01:12 PM
like rinkster said, brought up many many times and i think also asked in a askcryptic segment. i think the answer was something like "we look into it" and "no plans currently"

but yeah, that would just be great.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 4
09-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Actually there was a response to this by the devs, there would a possibility of exploits. My solution, get rid of the lobi from the featured episode replay, its only a max of 5 lobi per series and there is always a couple that are bugged.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 5
09-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
Actually there was a response to this by the devs, there would a possibility of exploits. My solution, get rid of the lobi from the featured episode replay, its only a max of 5 lobi per series and there is always a couple that are bugged.
Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that response because it was so illogical it fails to stick in my memory.
Captain
# 6
09-18-2013, 01:31 PM
considering that you actually need to level a character to unlock the corresponding missions and after that delete it and start over for something that is worth not even 5 million EC, it would be an impressive idiotic feat to do that instead of just grinding dilithium and EC with one chararcter and buying keys in the same timeframe.

i'm counting here the 15 free lobi during the feature series week, which are once per character unlockable. I think this takes an average of 2 hours to gather.
Go pro or go home
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-18-2013, 02:20 PM
The lobi mechanics are just as bad is the rich dilithium mining claims. Have over 400+ mining claims on my main toon, figure it will take me 1.25 years to use them all. Be nice to transfer them to other alts.
Captain
# 8
09-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
How about instead change rarity? Lobi from lockbox very rare account bound and from missions rare character bound.
Captain
# 9
09-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brangel13 View Post
The lobi mechanics are just as bad is the rich dilithium mining claims. Have over 400+ mining claims on my main toon, figure it will take me 1.25 years to use them all. Be nice to transfer them to other alts.
I'm surprised that you don't see the correlation.

Mining claims encourage you to open boxes on multiple characters. Lobi being character bound ensures that the characters will have 'leftover' lobi on them.

Unspent lobi = additional cash for Cryptic.
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Account wide Lobi has been asked for since it was introduced and has been getting the Crickets response nearly every time it has been suggested from the Devs.

Character Locked Lobi is just a greedy Nickel and Dime move by Cryptic IMO.

I've got a nice amount of Lobi on my KDF Main that could more than help my 9 other Alts gear up with nice Lobi store items but Cryptic would rather see me have to buy more keys to open more Lockboxes on each of my Characters in hopes of getting has much cash out of me as possible.

Generally I try to avoid Lobi store items like the plague unless they can be bought via the Exchange.

I understand that Cryptic needs to make money; however, the route that they take to that end with STO just rubs me the wrong way.

One would think that having players that enjoy your product enough to create new Characters and rerun already repetitive Content over and over again would be reason enough for Cryptic to see account bound Lobi has the least that they could do for us.