Commander
# 31
06-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto1 View Post
Give us one good reason you can't increase the stack size on these consumables.

How will this break the game?

Since when does anyone at Cryptic have logic? Spending DIL to get a DIL discount makes total sense.
You are not spending Dilithum to upgrade the Mine portion. That is the Development facility portion. The Mine track itself does not require Dilithum.

On the Hyposprays, change Hyposprays, Energy cells, shield batteries and regenerators to stack up to 500 in your inventory but only stack to 20 in the device slot. This was already done with snowballs during the QWW event. The snowballs stacked to 100 or so in the device slot and 999 in the inventory. This fixs the problem of players and BOFFs having too many in their device slots but cuts down on the main inventory clutter issue.

And as someone else said, Its a pain to fly to a station and zone twice just to fill up the projects. I normally buy enough for a couple days at a time and on the ones I don't use much I buy as much as I can fit in my inventory. 2 of my less used alts currently have banks of nothing but major regenerators and large hypos. 1200 hypos and 600 regenerators left to use up.

EDIT: Think of the Development and Trade projects as a trading post and tavern for the Mine. To grow the mine you need to pay to increase the size of the trading post (where you buy digging gear) and the tavern (where you sleep and relax). This lets more people move in and the mine gets bigger as a result. You don't pay (Dilithum) to increase the size of the mine but you are paying to increase the size of the supporting facilities.

Last edited by ikuruyo; 06-18-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Commander
# 32
06-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Come to think of it these stack requirements right now are just a pain but in the future I see a point in time when we can just go to the Gateway to fill our projects. If you happen to be away on vacation or away for an extended time with work and you couldn't store more than a few days worth of consumables then this means your progress is halted for several days over consumables that amount to cryptic pulling 100k-300k EC out of the game. Thats nothing in the grand scheme of the economy based on current exchange prices of items that actually move. Why not solve this problem before it gets here while were already talking about it?

Cryptic if the data base cant handle it just tell us so the debate can be over
If not give us a good reason why your not going to do it
If you cant come up with that reason then make the change
If you don't make the change please don't add consumables to future rep inputs, use commodities instead; it just makes more sense.
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
06-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthraxpwe View Post
For the love of all that is holy and sacred, why on earth would you not increase the stack size? It is ridiculous that you require amounts of these consumables >20, and won't raise the stack size. A stack size of 50 is more than reasonable.
also for the love of baby jesus make the replicator able to make large items im sick of flying back to base everytime just to pick up something too plop into the rep system.
Commander
# 34
06-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
also for the love of baby jesus make the replicator able to make large items im sick of flying back to base everytime just to pick up something too plop into the rep system.
That right there would be the only good reason to keep the stack limit low and only if they charged extra from the replicator similar to what they do with commodities. That way people spent more EC for the sake of convenience and naturally more EC would be removed from the economy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
06-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthraxpwe View Post
For the love of all that is holy and sacred, why on earth would you not increase the stack size? It is ridiculous that you require amounts of these consumables >20, and won't raise the stack size. A stack size of 50 is more than reasonable.
We've only asked for this for over a year, and been ignored on it for over a year...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Empire Veteran
# 36
06-18-2013, 10:48 PM
So, now that the 'rich dilithium daily' seems to have been fixed, I asked a friend to do it (I'd done the bugged one earlier in the day). He did so, can't remember his score, and he said he got 480 dil.

That feels...low. I mean, I know that all the other dailies and such added together makes a lot, but that's also just kinda the thing... It only really adds up at the higher tier, not the lower tier, where more fleets, who need the dil and such in order to actually make their SB grind less painful, aren't gonna get it.

With a maxed out tier 3 Dil mine, you can get:

1k (first daily)
1k (second daily)
480 (third daily, guessing it can't go higher, dunno)
500 (Doff mission, which CAN fail)

Which, presuming you just normal success the DOFF mission, is a total of 2,980 dil. Which is a lot I admit. But that's just it still, ONLY after the grind is over, or nearly over, do you get the bigger amounts.

I think that's the point that they are still missing: It needs BIGGER help at the earlier point. Ok, I don't mind adding more stuff at the later tiers, that's fine. But so many fleets will need the actual help at the earlier point. The fleets who can handle it, it won't matter, but it isn't helping as it really could.

I'll concede that they probably don't want the numbers to get too huge from this, alright, I'll bend on that. But the bigger numbers will only be reasonably achieved by most of the medium to larger fleets at all. The smaller fleets who sit at tier 1 or 2, might get half the amount of dil at best compared to a full tier 3 mine.

I think part of it would be best if they at least kept all the DOFF missions unlocked. That would get a big plus in my book. Because DOFF missions are 'set em and forget em'. As long as you can have the DOFF slots, you can do missions. And then over time, having up to 6 missions to do every day would add up. For bigger fleets it would act as a nice bonus to resource generation, and for smaller fleets, they would get a larger bonus because slotting those missions doesn't cost them anything, and will only help them out, especially in the long run.

Career Officer
# 37
06-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
They still stack in groups of 20.
But why only 20 ?
Career Officer
# 38
06-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.31.20130609a.10

General:
  • Dilithium Mine
    • The ground map is now properly gated as a tier 1 unlock.
What does this mean?

That you can't actually beam down to the mine interior until you complete Tier 1?

Or that you can't go outside until Tier 1 is complete?

I'm hoping it's the latter, because it would be quite foolish stopping players from going there!
Commander
# 39
06-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
What does this mean?

That you can't actually beam down to the mine interior until you complete Tier 1?

Or that you can't go outside until Tier 1 is complete?

I'm hoping it's the latter, because it would be quite foolish stopping players from going there!
You have to complete the T1 mine before you can beam down to anything.
Ensign
# 40
06-19-2013, 05:46 AM
Is there a releasedate for the new mine holdings on holodeck?