Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 140
Concerning the new "Discount DIL MINE."

Cryptic/PWE main point is to make the max profit out of the game. I would say more then half the player base will convert there Zen to DIL to gain these projects as fast as they can. Cryptic knows this.

They are not dumb, they know how to make money. This stupid DIL mine is just another way.

There is NO REASON they couldn't add these upgrades to the existing fleet projects like the embassy, or i don't know the main STarbase. That people have been working their butts off to get leveled, and lots and lots of DIL and grinding.

It's a complete and utter joke and a slap in the face, that we have to start an entire new project to get special Engineering consoles and Fleet cores. IT's like Cryptic/PWE had this on the plans all along, and purposely waited so people would spend lots of DIL and Zen on there current fleet projects, so they could spend more on a new project months later. It's a BRILLIANT tactic.

What is next? Another different entire Starbase Entity to get Fleet TAC consoles too? Because I know that is coming.

I would love for a DEV to come on here and try to prove me wrong and give me some dumb PR response on how "this will make the game better overall for the playerbase!" Yeah right.

The discount is there just to attract people to do the project and get a really stupid low discount so the player base buys for Zen to convert more to DIL.

Smaller fleets are DIEING and these new projects are more of a proof that Cryptic/PWE is trying to phase them out.

I used to be in sales, believe me I know when a company is lieing and trying to just get money out of people, it's sad that this game has become a money grubbing game in the past year.

Your sales people are geniuses Cryptic I got to hand it to you, you def have mathematicians working for you to figure all this math out for the best way to make money.

BUt you don't care about bugs and constantly just push out content. ONE MONTH to fix a mail bug? Give me a friggan' break, but let's have stupid sales on the Zen store, and push new things down peoples throats to distract them.

well played Cryptic well played.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,064
# 2
06-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto1 View Post
Concerning the new "Discount DIL MINE."

Cryptic/PWE main point is to make the max profit out of the game. I would say more then half the player base will convert there Zen to DIL to gain these projects as fast as they can. Cryptic knows this.

They are not dumb, they know how to make money. This stupid DIL mine is just another way.

.....
Though couldn't you say the same thing about all the other MMORPG thats on the Internet today? The only reason why MMORPG industry exists is to make money. None of them are non-profit charities... You just have to learn to deal with the reality of modern day economics...

And you're not being 'forced' to do the new Fleet holding. If you don't like it, then don't do it !!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 140
# 3
06-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Though couldn't you say the same thing about all the other MMORPG that on the Internet today? The only reason why MMORPG industry exists is to make money. None of them are non-profit charities...

And you're not being 'forced' to do the new Fleet holding. If you don't like it, then don't do it !!!
I love that argument with everyone "Don't do it!!!" People play MMO's to gain the best possible character they can. SInce this is basically IN FLEETS now people WILL do it, the "force" part is that, you have no choice n order to get the best stuff is be in a massive fleet to get said items.


The "force" part is also the limited Refining dil part.

The "force" part is Fleet modules only being on the Zen store. Also the argument after this is "you don't have to pay for it, you can get them on them on the exchange." What people don't understand is SOMEONE paid for them, maybe not you but someone did. This also causes a unnecessary inflation on the Exchange store, because real money is involved.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,064
# 4
06-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto1 View Post
I love that argument with everyone "Don't do it!!!" People play MMO's to gain the best possible character they can. SInce this is basically IN FLEETS now people WILL do it, the "force" part is that, you have no choice n order to get the best stuff is be in a massive fleet to get said items.


The "force" part is also the limited Refining dil part.

The "force" part is Fleet modules only being on the Zen store. Also the argument after this is "you don't have to pay for it, you can get them on them on the exchange." What people don't understand is SOMEONE paid for them, maybe not you but someone did. This also causes a unnecessary inflation on the Exchange store, because real money is involved.
I'm having trouble understanding your argument here... You seem to be against Cryptic/PWE making money off of STO, yet if STO doesn't make money, STO will cease to exist. Do you really want to see the end of STO, as that what your argument here appears to be going...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 197
# 5
06-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
I'm having trouble understanding your argument here... You seem to be against Cryptic/PWE making money off of STO, yet if STO doesn't make money, STO will cease to exist. Do you really want to see the end of STO, as that what your argument here appears to be going...
Again. why do people defend bad business practices?

No, dude's just in favor of more straight forward means of making money.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,064
# 6
06-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknesia View Post
Again. why do people defend bad business practices?

No, dude's just in favor of more straight forward means of making money.
Straight forward? Please give some examples and provide some enlightenment here...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
# 7
06-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
I'm having trouble understanding your argument here... You seem to be against Cryptic/PWE making money off of STO, yet if STO doesn't make money, STO will cease to exist. Do you really want to see the end of STO, as that what your argument here appears to be going...
I could not agree more. No money no STO. No matter what cryptic does, the haters are out there, they put something new in the game and people ***** about it, they want it all and don't want to work for it. It's a game, you don't like it don't play, there are 10 people that will take your place in a heartbeat. Sorry to seem so bitter about it, but all I hear on these posts is how unhappy people are on changes that are made, look at all the good things they have done. I happen to like the game a lot. PEOPLE, STOP WHINING AND PLAY AND HAVE FUN. don't bother to pick this post apart and comment on it. I will not answer. I said my 2 cents.

I feel better now LOL.
http://www.1279sto.com
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,912
# 8
06-19-2013, 08:44 AM
I think its nice of them ultimately to give fleetwide dilithium discounts, they have said they are looking at balancing project cost and profit to help smaller fleets out.

Ultimately if you are starting a fleet today find a friendly large fleet that will give you a starbase invite (so long as you have provisions you can buy their tier 5 stuff if you want) and do the dilithium mine as your first holding to get your starbase projects discounted but ultimately a long as you can keep your fleet provisions up all you need is a larger fleet to send you a starbase/embassy/mine invite for you to get your gear.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 66
# 9 new stuff to do
06-19-2013, 09:08 AM
I just like having more stuff to do weather it pay to win or not i like the idea of the game progressing. More interiors and exteriors to look at and explore and members of fleets have a high since of pride in their holdings. Fleets compete on who will get theirs done first and it's exciting. Love the game Cryptic game on ....
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 68
# 10
06-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto1 View Post
Concerning the new "Discount DIL MINE."

<snip>
The problem with your entire post is that its a plea from emotion. If Cryptic's practices really bothered you, you would stop paying to play. If you're not paying to play then you really have no say in the direction of the game.

As for the "money grab", if people are willing to pay real money for these projects then by affect they're sanctioning Cryptic's behavior. You may disagree, but I'd recommend not playing a free to play game. The whole scheme of free to play is to entice people to pay for conveniences and occasionally power.

Sadly if you don't like it there's really only two large non free to play MMOs out there and its Eve or WoW.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:16 AM.