Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Captain
# 11
06-19-2013, 12:08 PM
The OP came off as this to me:

"It's something I don't need to do, but I'm going to do it anyway. It makes money to keep the game alive and plenty of people are willing to put that money into it but I'm just going to sit here and cry about it."

Honestly. You don't have to do it. "But I want to get the best possible character I can." Well then, work for it like the rest of us. Or, perhaps, you can go on your merry way in the game without this stuff and be exactly the same as if the mine hadn't been introduced in the first place.

Oh, and screaming ain't gonna get you anywhere. If you talk calmly (a.k.a., without caps and exclamation points) you're going to get a lot further than yelling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Captain
# 12
06-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Don't want to use it, don't use it, its that simple.

Also, every time a rant includes 'slap in the face,' 1 you look silly and hyperventilating, and 2 someone murders a kitten. Think of the kittens.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
06-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto1 View Post
I love that argument with everyone "Don't do it!!!" People play MMO's to gain the best possible character they can.
Interesting. I play this game to have fun and keep in touch with my friends, not to max out my characters.

Of course, it's a nice bonus if my characters get maxed in the process, but the journey is more important than the goal.
Ensign
# 14
06-20-2013, 01:02 AM
-Start Rant-

What i find funny, is everyone is talking about how the small fleets are dying, and how Cryptic is forcing us to pay money to expand our fleets quickly, and so on and so forth....

Then explain why my Fleet (about 50-ish members mind you) has a tier 3 fabricator, tier 3 shipyard, tier 3 comms array, a tier 2 starbase (which will be upgraded to tier 3 after we finish the ship costume thing for the starbase) and a tier 2 embassy. It seems to me that my small fleet is doing fine. So your "Small fleets are dying" statement is unfounded.

Also there is an easy way for a new small 25 - 30 person fleet to be able to expand quickly. It simple, do this new mine, and work on the embassy till you get the broker for the tier 2 embassy, there you have a discount on the Dilithium and you get a discount on things such as industrial replicators and such.... which can be every helpful.

So small fleets are not dying, in fact Cryptic is helping small fleets by giving them a way to build at a discount. Oh and another thing, if you don't want to pay for anything you don't have to, just stop ******** about "It takes to long for my fleet to advance and expand our levels." There is an easy solution to that, have everyone just pitch in 20 bucks worth of zen.... at current market prices 2,000 at 113 Dilithium per is 226,000 Dilithium you times that by say 15 members that is an astounding 3,390,000 Dilithium. That much Dilithium is enough to get you a completely functional tier 3 starbase (Tier 3 shipyard, Tier 3 Transwarp, Tier 3 Fabricator, Tier 3 Comms Array) and it gives you enough left over to get to a Tier 1 embassy provided you are sitting at the production point of moving on to the next tier.

I mean, I know this is going to sound crazy, but if you have 15 members doing their max amount of Dilith mining just once, you have enough to fill out the Tier 1 Starbase.

-End Rant-

Thanks for taking the time to read or skim this!
Career Officer
# 15
06-20-2013, 03:09 AM
What a real slap in the face looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRHK0K2ii6Q

Somehow I doubt anything that Cryptic has done is anything like this.
Captain
# 16
06-20-2013, 03:22 AM
So cry baby cry

So sick of seeing people cry about stuff in game. . And posts like this just make me so angry as why play if you not happy
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Captain
# 17
06-20-2013, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
So cry baby cry

So sick of seeing people cry about stuff in game. . And posts like this just make me so angry as why play if you not happy
so sick of seeing people cry about people cry about stuff in game. and posts like this just make me so angry as why are you angry angry as why he plays if he is not happy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-20-2013, 05:18 AM
I really can't see the mine as hurting small fleets, my fleet only has around 8 people, myself included, I just made the fleet around the end of February, the other 7 people haven't been able to log on very much and they were new when they joined so I been building the fleet solo, I have all the starbase holdings on tier 1 with the shipyard and starbase on tier 2 so far. I even managed to get all the special projects done except 4. It's not impossible for small fleets to level up their holdings, it just takes a little more time is all and some careful planning. The mine also gives people something to do while they wait for the next big expansion because lets be honast, once you hit level 50 and max out your fleet holdings what else is there other than making a new character to start the process all over again. At least leveling that up is something to do.
Commander
# 19
06-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto1 View Post
What is next? Another different entire Starbase Entity to get Fleet TAC consoles too? Because I know that is coming....... "this will make the game better overall for the playerbase!"
Please o please don't give them any more bright ideas.

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
Commander
# 20
06-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post
I really can't see the mine as hurting small fleets, my fleet only has around 8 people, myself included, I just made the fleet around the end of February, the other 7 people haven't been able to log on very much and they were new when they joined so I been building the fleet solo, I have all the starbase holdings on tier 1 with the shipyard and starbase on tier 2 so far. I even managed to get all the special projects done except 4. It's not impossible for small fleets to level up their holdings, it just takes a little more time is all and some careful planning. The mine also gives people something to do while they wait for the next big expansion because lets be honast, once you hit level 50 and max out your fleet holdings what else is there other than making a new character to start the process all over again. At least leveling that up is something to do.
You do realize the cost isn't linear, right?

It costs close to 1 million dilithium to get a Tier 2 starbase, shipyard, coms array, and fabricator.(2 of which you haven't gotten to T2 yet)
...but it costs close to 20 million dilithium to get them to T5.

You said you created your fleet five months ago, correct? How long do you think it will take before you reach T5? How far along is your embassy? You now have another holding to pour resources into, and Cryptic will be adding another holding before the end of the year - how does that make you feel?

Here's some more food for thought:
A T3 dilithium mine costs 4x more dilithium than what you've poured into your T1/T2 starbase.
A T3 embassy? 8x more