Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I thought this was one of the things that was being fixed... Unless we've maxed out the servers... again...
Yay us!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Iv got that too. Was half way through a patrol, got a cryptic error, got kicked out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Even worse, i was jumping to a new sector block and got kicked, and then got this.

What i really hate is how they say they don't have the hardware to handle all the people and yet the full release is what less than 2 weeks away???
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2010, 05:18 PM
love the patches... but if servers cannot handle a subset of users how is it ever going to hold full release.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Keep trying, I got past this
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Lack of a queue system is a little worrying as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Game definitely needs a queue for opening week.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Well, this is beta for a reason, a little stress test of the servers if you will, and to get as many kinks out as they can before release.

And at a State of the Game newsletter on Jan 18th.

"Reality has exceeded even our wildest expectations. We looked at numbers from Closed Beta, numbers from games we've worked on in the past, and some numbers that float around the games industry. Based on those numbers, we predicted that about 65% of the keys we generated would eventually turn into active players (some keys never get delivered, others are lost in spam boxes, some are never redeemed, etc.). And, we predicted about 1/6 of those redeemed keys would turn into players that game at the same time. It's what we call our concurrent users or CCU, for short.

The actual numbers crushed our predictions.

So, we tore apart our logs and began doing a lot of extra optimization work even while we stumbled upon some truly bizarre crashes that can only appear with this sort of load. The result? The shard has been steadily improving over the first few days of Open Beta. Given the hardware we're adding and a couple more fixes we have in the pipe, shard performance and stability should continue to improve over the coming week."

Which means so many more people are interested in this game than they thought they didn't make the server capacity to load it all, which is why we have the problems, but it will get better, that's why this is here.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-21-2010, 06:11 PM
NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!