Commander
# 51
06-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcutterslade View Post
so ye...
the title says everything

Give the Defiant a Battle Cloak!

Before we got those Romulan Battle Cloak ships, i could understand why it had only a standard cloak; so that the Klingons had something special (BoP battle cloak).

But since there are now plenty of Battle Cloak ships around, why not upgrade the Defiant cloak
(of course give the Qin Heavy Raptor a battle cloak too imo)

So what do you guys think?
Well considering the massive power creep difference between federation and rom-fed ships in terms of damage output i could care less, but if I would still fly the defiant like the old days then yes I probably would care.

But, even if I dont care personally I will support you in this, pretty much every rom ship is at an advantage now with their battlecloaks and its unfair to keep other (CSTORE ships even) not competitive. But then again this goes for tons of ships which dont get the attention they deserve.
Captain
# 52
06-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
Well considering the massive power creep difference between federation and rom-fed ships in terms of damage output i could care less, but if I would still fly the defiant like the old days then yes I probably would care.

But, even if I dont care personally I will support you in this, pretty much every rom ship is at an advantage now with their battlecloaks and its unfair to keep other (CSTORE ships even) not competitive. But then again this goes for tons of ships which dont get the attention they deserve.
Honestly, if you're not built around your Cloak, there's less advantage than you think in having one...up to and including the possibility that it's really a weakness instead-or a gimmick with little to no real value.

I'm speaking as someone who's got the Pegh'u, has tried it out, and parked it because it's a better Raptor than a BoP-which really translates as "It works better if you don't bother cloaking".

I see a Defiant, and the first thing that comes to mind, is that it's a ship that doesn't NEED a cloak-of any kind-to be effective, having it be a console is an advantage-you take the useless (or nearly useless) cloak out, and you can slot something that's actually USEFUL there instead, whether a more useful Uni console from a C-store ship or lockbox, or just a useful 'type' console (Sci, Eng. or Tac) that fits the rest of your build (and the Defiant's base design) better.

Why? because the Defiant's a main-line fighter, not a scout ship or raider, it's built to stand-and-deliver-which it does, superbly, without bothering to cloak. (mind that a Decloaking Alpha from a properly set up Defiant is a thing of beauty to behold...)
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Empire Veteran
# 53
06-20-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
I don't see why you think you'd have to run away like a cowardly Klingun just because you have battle-cloak. That's a tactic BoP's use due to their extremely low defense values (which I think should be buffed). As a Defiant, you could decloak alpha, then stay and fight until an opportunity arises to cloak for another decloak bonus strike. This would prevent the Defiant from having to completely run from the battle in order to get their cloak ability back up, which is what they have to do now. So contrary to your statement, battle cloak would help the Defiant stay in the fight much longer compared to how they currently have to pilot if they want a decloak strike after their initial one.
The point was that we have been called cowards for using that tactic and if the Defiant is given the BC running away easier will be the only difference it makes for the Defiant.

Giving Defiant a BC serves no purpose except to make it capable of what we BoP players have been ridiculed for doing in pvp

The defiant is fine the way it is.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 54
06-20-2013, 06:17 AM
Fix it this way

Reduce speed of all cloaked ships by 50%

Or boycott pvp with your Fed ships just play your romulan

Tell ALL new fleet members to play Romulan characters only if they wish to pvp

Our fleet suggests all new members make only Romulan characters now because the sides are so unbalenced
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 55
06-20-2013, 06:19 AM
I fly a Defiant, and it does not need a battle cloak, it's fine as it is
The Emperor protects

Captain
# 56
06-20-2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Or boycott pvp with your Fed ships just play your romulan
you mean to do what they want people to do?
I will never ever play romulans just because they try to force people play them.That BS strategy wont work on me .If they think people's past grind is not worth the money and time invested I think romulan faction is not worth the money and time.I think its fair to return the same attitude .
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-20-2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
The point was that we have been called cowards for using that tactic and if the Defiant is given the BC running away easier will be the only difference it makes for the Defiant.

Giving Defiant a BC serves no purpose except to make it capable of what we BoP players have been ridiculed for doing in pvp

The defiant is fine the way it is.
I completely agree with both of your posts here... I have Fleet Norghs on 2 characters and a B'Rel on the 3rd and Feds piss and moan way to much about BoPs when they cloak under fire to now want it for themselves... Complete hypocrites...

Keep the 4 fore weapons, keep the 2 aft weapons, keep the .88 shield modifier, keep the 24,750 hull, in fact give the hypocrite Feds their Battle Cloaking Defiant... Just give me a BoP with 5 tac consoles and we'll call it a deal...
Captain
# 58
06-20-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainedna View Post
you mean to do what they want people to do?
I will never ever play romulans just because they try to force people play them.That BS strategy wont work on me .If they think people's past grind is not worth the money and time invested I think romulan faction is not worth the money and time.I think its fair to return the same attitude .
---------------------------------------------------

For a new player Romulan/Fed is the way to go

better bridge officers...11% crit chance ect

singularity warp cores'...Best in the game 20% Resist all damage and a very nice hull and shield heal like mirical worker

our starbase is running the tier 5 shipyard project as i write this

Battlecloak

All advantages go to the romulans , better turn rates and tac abilitys and consoles on most ships

us old school Fed players are just left out with the weakest race in the game

Go Romulan or go home says cryptic
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Lt. Commander
# 59
06-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Romulan and Fed ships play different. Its not fair to pick out one or two advantages and not talk about disadvantages.

Battle Cloak is nice but situational. It pigeon-holes you into 1 or two hit and run specs which vary in effectiveness. I find it is only truly effective on the Fleet T'varo.

The Power levels are so very different with a heavy advantage to Fed ships. Especially considering my first point. With hit and run tactics, singularity abilities become even more situational and its more of a challenge to get to rank 4 and 5 where the core actually might balance the lack of raw power.

The Romulan ships have a better turn rate for the most part but what some people don't mention is that they have a different axis. Rom ships (other than 1) are as wide as Fed ships are long. This changes the dynamics for beam boating. The exception is with the D'deridex but that ships terrible turn rate is well documented so Fed cruisers hold an advantage over it imo.

I think the ships play differently and maybe your play-style suits one over the other which gives the impression that one faction is fundamentally better.

That being said (and staying on thread topic), I'm good with some Fed ships getting cloak if the appropriate balancing takes place on those ships. Don't think you'll get the cloak and everything else will stay the same.
Captain
# 60
06-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonjaa View Post
The Power levels are so very different with a heavy advantage to Fed ships. .

last time I checked romulans were able to use lockbox ships ,leech and efficient boffs so yea that faction is a joke and a insult to those who invested time and money in a fed or kdf in the past.