Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 11
06-19-2013, 08:57 AM
I'd like to hear from writers, where they get their ideas from, who or what influences them in their writing, how long it takes to write an average episode, what's their most favourite episode to write?
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Career Officer
# 12
06-19-2013, 08:58 AM
I'd like to see a blog elaborating on what Forum suggestions the devs have looked at, and what you might be considering to implement. Not likely, but I can dream.
All Good Things Must Come On Tuesday. (it's a liiiink!)

Musings of a Mad Man; Or, What This Game Could Fix

<--Click for how to get one of these.
Captain
# 13
06-19-2013, 09:00 AM
What are they doing to help smaller fleets build there star bases?
What they have planned for the near future?
Why do you never answer questions with a straight answer?
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Ensign
# 14
06-19-2013, 09:13 AM
I'd really like to hear how you are testing ... things.

Please tell us the story of a new game-breaking bug from the beginning at his birth, the way to the live system until his end - either by fixing it after announcing as fixed three times in different patch notes or by finally declaring it "working as intended".
Captain
# 15
06-19-2013, 09:20 AM
What about a PVP related one? About any types of new of its use to be one of the most important elements on any successful MMO but in this one is completely ignored by all the dev team.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 16
06-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Would like to hear from the art devs who do character art specifically.. How does the designing process work when making brand new clothing? What kind of things do the art devs look to for inspiration while designing said clothing?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 17
06-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
What are they doing to help smaller fleets build there star bases?
What they have planned for the near future?
Why do you never answer questions with a straight answer?
Answer to #1: Dilithium Mine, indirectly. The difficulty of small fleets is by design - dStahl said so.
Answer to #2: Well, they've got [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] planned. Maybe a [REDACTED] later on.
Answer to #3: That's what they see as a straight answer.
All Good Things Must Come On Tuesday. (it's a liiiink!)

Musings of a Mad Man; Or, What This Game Could Fix

<--Click for how to get one of these.
Career Officer
# 18
06-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Describe the process of creating a ship's stats and powers.

How is "balance" designed and entered into code? Why must type of Ship X be better at Damage (or whatever) than type of Ship Y?

Is this nominal balance ever discussed with content design? It doesn't matter if Cruisers (and by extension, Engineers) are better at tanking if Tanking is never required by anything Content Design puts out.

And, as a side question: Would it be agreeable to make all new ships (and retroactively boost currently available ships) have at least a Lt Commander Universal Bridge Officer slot? This would be a good step in solving a lot of woes of people liking how a ship looks, but not the way it performs. And since most newer ships come with special abilities that only they get, you can design more of them (and maybe make them a little bit more powerful) if you really feel that ships MUST have some stark mechanical differences between them.
Career Officer
# 19
06-19-2013, 09:40 AM
What it takes to make a starship, like, the Chimera, visuals, abilities, etc.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
06-19-2013, 09:44 AM
One persistent problem experienced by many players in the game is team mates going AFK in pug missions, like Mine Trap, Colony Invasion, STFs etc. As the game does encourage players to play these grouped missions, the AFK problem is quite discouraging. What I mean is, players who queue up and join these missions, then sit still and contribute nothing. This makes the mission more difficult for the other players, while the AFK still gets to reap the rewards.

The STO Team spoke about possible solutions in both the April 2013 Ask Cryptic: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=875931 and back in the January edition of Ask Cryptic: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=800861 yet we're all of the player base are still left in the dark as to what solutions are being considered and any sort of a loose time line as to when we can expect some progress in this area.

The player's time is valuable and the AFK problem disrespects players who choose to play the game as it is intended. To me, the AFK issue really is an exploit that needs to be closed. If I found any other way in the game to harvest resources/dilithium without even touching my computer, it would be considered an exploit and my account status would be at risk for violating the EULA. Why is this not taken seriously by the Development team? Please bring your customers up to speed on what progress has been made in this area, or maybe a rough idea as to when we can expect this exploit to be closed. Thanks!
Closed Thread