Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Server Q.
01-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Any change to get a q AKA line going for logging into the server just like World of ******** used to have and still dose on some servers?
Lt. Commander
# 2 i
01-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Id like that. Eve Online has one too.

Servers full, so whoever tried next should be next to get on.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2010, 06:35 PM
I NEVER want to see this. EVER.

If they do it for OB its going to become a crutch for Cryptic after release. And then it will become normal. And you'll be waiting in ques for hours just to log in, play for an hour before the client crashes and waiting all over again.

They best and only real solution to this is for Cryptic to get its servers up to specs and ready for release. Everyone who tries to log in and play should be able too.

Now WoW had this going on, but I never had to deal with it because I chose to play on low population servers to avoid this issue. Cryptic has a one server type system (made up of smaller servers etc) . There is no other option. A que is a bad idea period. I dont want to see it. Ever.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Bad idea
01-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Thats funny, I never had any problems with Eve's que and ive been playing that since it came out at least 5 years ago. And their on a single server.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Acute observation Commander Reed.

If they implement a queue it means they'll never increase server size. Ever.

Even when they find out a way to cram more people into the same server, people would prefer to have to hit the login button over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Having to hit one key and then just waiting 2 or 3 minutes is stupid. Having to attack the log in button for 4 or 5 minutes is so much fun.

Hmmmmm log in button mashing, auto fire....... I'm noticing a pattern here.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso719 View Post
Acute observation Commander Reed.

If they implement a queue it means they'll never increase server size. Ever.

Even when they find out a way to cram more people into the same server, people would prefer to have to hit the login button over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Having to hit one key and then just waiting 2 or 3 minutes is stupid. Having to attack the log in button for 4 or 5 minutes is so much fun.

Hmmmmm log in button mashing, auto fire....... I'm noticing a pattern here.
Agreed. I'm lazy. I can go make a pop-tart, boil some tea and read forum notes in a Queue. I'd rather not do the first-person shooter login thing. Click to start, fail. Click to start, Fail. Click to start... fail. click fail. click fail. click fail.

I'd rather click once then see, "sorry you failed, but your number in fail is x of x, please wait your turn".

-avery
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -avery
Agreed. I'm lazy. I can go make a pop-tart, boil some tea and read forum notes in a Queue. I'd rather not do the first-person shooter login thing. Click to start, fail. Click to start, Fail. Click to start... fail. click fail. click fail. click fail.

I'd rather click once then see, "sorry you failed, but your number in fail is x of x, please wait your turn".

-avery
I'm glad my sarcasm wan't mis interpreted. Thought I might have to edit it one of these little guys to clarify ->

Some times it's hard to tell with text, you know