Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 35
# 11
06-25-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunballa View Post
Does anyone know why as a Romulan (FED) Vice Admiral I cannot access my C-store purchased FED ships?

Seems Racist. Or is Starfleet Security thinking that our limited selection of warbirds should be sufficient?

Only C-store ships of Captain rank or lower are available. Purchaced ships of higher rank are not available.


This is probably the most stupid comment of this forum. "Racist"? Really? So what are you going to do? Sue Cryptic on behalf of the Romulans? LOL

P.S. Romulans started off MUCH better than the KDF.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,577
# 12
06-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf3130 View Post
honestly i find what you say about us f2p players very offensive and second cryptic could have taken alittle more time before launch and added a bit more rather then runing with the same old gimmick pwe uses in all there games
and if they held off players would be in an uproar about cryptics broken promises again if may 21st (hard set date before they even announced the faction) had come by an no update.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 13
06-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I would call you a troll, but I know better. And Devs wonder why so many veteran/lifetime members complain about the game going into the crapper after F2P. Paid subscription kept the rifraf and rabble out of the game.
LOL. God you guys are hilarious. You do know that the majority of C-store purchases are made by F2P players? You do know that the majority of Zen that is bought either online or via game cards is by F2P players? You do know that the majority of money flowing into the game is courtesy of F2P players? F2P is keeping this game ALIVE bucko.

And Devs wonder why so many F2P/No money members made their game better after F2P. F2P kept the game alive and provides great entertainment to the F2P guys courtesy of the whiny P2Pers.

P.S. For the record, almost all of the P2Pers I know in game and IRL are happy the game went F2P, and those that aren't happy simply don't care. They are happy because F2P increased the diversity and size of the playerbase, and overall made the game better, since more players meant more peeps in the queues, which meant more gameplay overall, more bugs getting caught and fixed, and more incentive for the Devs to add new content/improve existing content.

Face it, you're part of an elitest whining MINORITY that just can't handle the fact that the game isn't theirs exclusively anymore. Learn to share.

HERP A DERP!!!!
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.

Last edited by hereticknight085; 06-25-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,577
# 14
06-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
LOL. God you guys are hilarious. You do know that the majority of C-store purchases are made by F2P players? You do know that the majority of Zen that is bought either online or via game cards is by F2P players? You do know that the majority of money flowing into the game is courtesy of F2P players? F2P is keeping this game ALIVE bucko.
Face it, you're part of an elitest whining MINORITY that just can't handle the fact that the game isn't theirs exclusively anymore. Learn to share.

HERP A DERP!!!!
you sure? I rarely use the zen market except ot sell extra zen for dil. i buy zen and a lot of it, for keys, which i use, i dont sell them. I bought all the 3-pack ships so far. I bought every single carrier in the game from all factions, I bought lobi store ships with lobi i EARNED myself. I also purchased a LoR starter pack.

I've sent most likely over a thousand dollars on the game so far, probably closer to two.



and I've been a lifetime sub since day one. sure, the sub helps lower the amount of zen i have to buy, but to say that F2Pers are the ones that are keeping the game alive is just as false. There are F2Pers out there that have never spent a single cent of real money on the game.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 778
# 15
06-25-2013, 03:05 PM
that is by design so romulan;s can't use kdf or fed tier 5 ships because those thips come with uniuqe consoles.
I like it this way
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,004
# 16
06-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunballa View Post
Does anyone know why as a Romulan (FED) Vice Admiral I cannot access my C-store purchased FED ships?

Seems Racist. Or is Starfleet Security thinking that our limited selection of warbirds should be sufficient?

Only C-store ships of Captain rank or lower are available. Purchaced ships of higher rank are not available.
Because if you wanted to use Starfleet vessels at endgame, you need to... play a Fed toon.

Because if you wanted to use KDF vessels at endgame, you need to... play a KDF toon.

Because if you wanted to use Romulan vessels, you need to... play a Romulan toon.

/classdismissed
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 156
# 17
06-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
There are F2Pers out there that have never spent a single cent of real money on the game.
I've not spent a cent. My country doesn't have the cent as a unit of currency
_____________________________________
-Disenchanted-
"But in-game I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason you were brought into the forums, that by knowing me here for a little, you might know me better there."
Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 334
# 18
06-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Originally the Romulans were going to be able to fly more allied ships, but there was a huge community backlash over this.
I recall seeing that and can kind of understand it, because that would mean this new faction getting access to more ships than anyone else.

But the result is that Romulan characters now have far too few options. You might get a few "hard core" Romulans hanging in there but I suspect many will float away. Stealth isn't worth the effort of hitting the cloak button and the singularity abilities are ok but not mind-blowing. Most players will be better off passing on this faction.
Ensign
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5
# 19
06-27-2013, 10:33 AM
the same logic used to compare "at launch" to "expansion launch" is quite silly. i'd hope that the comparison would be based on assuming the game has improved and that a new player has only the current environment to compare.
walking up hill both ways in the snow when you were his age? i don't understand the common exercise of wanting people to have the same limits as the earlier generation had to make it "fair"

as for rom use of high ranking ships, i don't think it really matters. "everybody would play romulan" except for all those who won't.
those who have already leveled would only do it FOR warbirds, so allied ships being available to veterans seems fairly irrelevant doesn't it? for new players, they're leveling up and playing for cstore ships, so why they couldn't use them also seems odd.
i don't mind the restriction, but it seems the justification of many is simply to limit the gameplay of others in a way that would otherwise have no meaningful impact on pve, pvp or even storyline for that matter.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,012
# 20
06-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuno82 View Post
the same logic used to compare "at launch" to "expansion launch" is quite silly. i'd hope that the comparison would be based on assuming the game has improved and that a new player has only the current environment to compare.
walking up hill both ways in the snow when you were his age? i don't understand the common exercise of wanting people to have the same limits as the earlier generation had to make it "fair"
I think you missed the point.
It's not about some sadistic pleasure to see the new guys on the playing field to have to endure something or anyhting like that.
Please think about thisfor a moment:
building content (social zones, characters, ships etc.) takes time and resources...a lot.
So for this expansion the designers had to sit down and recreate canon ships and in addition to that a specific artistic style to somehow make new ships that fit in with the old and the setting.
They basically had to start from scratch even though some of the ships were previously in at a lower quality level.
That takes a lot of time and effort and in that sense is just like the process they had done for the previous factions...three years ago.
That's why it makes no sense to compare the new faction to the other two and expect them to have the same number of ships...the other two have had a somewhat steady stream of new ships over an extended period of time.
On top of that for the Romulans, there are even less canon ships to use as a reference than for the Klingons.
So to expect anything more than what the others had when they came "fresh" is, to be blunt, unrealistic.
Did you really expect them to throw some 15 to 20 endgame ships into the game at the launch of LoR? Because that's the numbers we're talking about here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuno82 View Post
as for rom use of high ranking ships, i don't think it really matters. "everybody would play romulan" except for all those who won't.
those who have already leveled would only do it FOR warbirds, so allied ships being available to veterans seems fairly irrelevant doesn't it? for new players, they're leveling up and playing for cstore ships, so why they couldn't use them also seems odd.
i don't mind the restriction, but it seems the justification of many is simply to limit the gameplay of others in a way that would otherwise have no meaningful impact on pve, pvp or even storyline for that matter.
People play for a specific faction-experience.
That factions experience is a combination of a character and his ship and Romulans have...I think you know what I mean.
Otherwise we can abolish factions altogether.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 PM.