Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 31
07-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I would call you a troll, but I know better. And Devs wonder why so many veteran/lifetime members complain about the game going into the crapper after F2P. Paid subscription kept the rifraf and rabble out of the game.
This game would not exist anymore if it did not go F2P. it went F2P because they had a small player base and would not have been able to stay alive much longer under the sub-only.

If romulans had access to tier 5 fed/klink ships, no one would player those factions anymore as there would be no point.
As for the people saying no one will play romulans thanks to few ships, look at the Klingons, they still do not have anywhere near the amount of ships feds do and plenty of people play them, even before the LOR revamp. many people play what faction they like based on which one they like better, not because of ship selection.

Last edited by mewmaster101; 07-07-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Commander
# 32
07-07-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
As for the people saying no one will play romulans thanks to few ships, look at the Klingons, they still do not have anywhere near the amount of ships feds do and plenty of people play them, even before the LOR revamp.
I'm relatively new to the game but my impression is that isn't true. There are eg. complaints in these forums about not being able to run Klingon stfs because of the extremely small Klingon population. No-one seemed to dispute that.

I don't see many Klingon ships flying around and have only seen 2 show up in borg alerts (out of the dozens I've done).
Captain
# 33
07-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
This game would not exist anymore if it did not go F2P. it went F2P because they had a small player base and would not have been able to stay alive much longer under the sub-only.
That is just wishful thinking. The game was doing fine with subscriptions. And they were still selling new ships and the standard services such a more ship slots, characters slots, and costume slots in the C-store. At that time, lifers didn't get a stipend. The game went F2P as part of the handover from Atari to Perfect World. Atari wanted to get out of the MMORPG and sold the entire Cryptic division to Perfect World. Perfect World operated under a completely different and not altogether compatible system.
Captain
# 34
07-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnoukh View Post
I'm relatively new to the game but my impression is that isn't true. There are eg. complaints in these forums about not being able to run Klingon stfs because of the extremely small Klingon population. No-one seemed to dispute that.

I don't see many Klingon ships flying around and have only seen 2 show up in borg alerts (out of the dozens I've done).
The reason there is not much of a player base for KDF is because of the levelling process we started out at level 21 most of us that have played KDF since then have decided to stay with it. However a lot of people had leveled up with a fed and found little point in leveling a KDF character in what they saw as a sub faction. However I play my KDf more than my Fed character and prefer it as I can act like a warrior rather than a goody two shoes federation officer

Also quite few KDF players actually do a lot of PVPing at Kerrat
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak