Lt. Commander
# 41
01-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Yep, I too like the new face of what I saw with the latest patch. Though, these server patches are coming prime time for me so it's really biting into my ability to test. Oh well, just a few more weeks to go before I can begin playing for myself, looking forward to it!
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-21-2010, 06:47 PM
I like how they say 'brief.' if you look it used to say 2 hour, now it says 3

lol

just got a disruptor rifle mkIV and the ground game is getting so much better! great work
Lt. Commander
# 43 Now three hours.
01-21-2010, 06:48 PM
BTW now they say three hours.
Lt. Commander
# 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMathDave
BTW now they say three hours.
Well shoot. i dunno if I can keep people entertained that long.. damn. hmm. :gets out magic tricks as well::
Lt. Commander
# 45
PLZ moar QQ.

Your communal tears sustain me.
Lt. Commander
# 46
Time flies when you're doing scheduled emergency maintenance during peak hours.
Lt. Commander
# 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
That really has nothing to do with doing maint during the time when the most people are probably on.
Sure it does. when something is set to be deployed ASAP, it gets deployed when it is done and approved. Be it that the time between the last patch and this one was quite a while I would still expect a few rapid fixes her and there the next few days.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes its a Beta. But heres a tip. You want a stress test? Don't take the beta offline during what is the peak playtime for most individuals. How do we stress it then?

I do play to test. I report every bug I find. I can't find a single one trolling the forums though. You want testers? Have to make the game available. Can't test when we are at work or asleep.

Plus, they better get into the habit of patching not during peak hours. Someone said "No one is volunteering to come in at 4am" or something else equally stupid involving 4am. Well again, I point to live... What are you going to do then.

This is a legitimate complaint. Want testers, have the dam game up and able to be tested.
Lt. Commander
# 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falemi
In theory, theory is the same as practice, but not in practice.
Theory...you know...like global warming... it's a "theory" ....theory meaning: " it was never really intended to be anything like what would actually happen, as it was based more on what I thought would make me look good, rather than any particular facts"....

=D
Lt. Commander
# 50
Yes, it would be nice if the appearing as Character Avatar when entering a space map or appearing as Ship Avatar when entering a ground map would be fixed. It is accompanied by a long delay before mission start windows open and playability commences. Amusingly, today, my Character Avatar has fallen through space, taken damage while landing feet first in a vacuum, and "dust" has arisen from the impact.

Early today, I beamed out of an Away mission, and my character fell from the asteroid belt where she was to battle a fleeing vessel. She fell as a Character Avatar and "landed" in the void fairly far below the belt. When the Ship Avatar finally appeared in place of the Character Avatar, I had to circle back up on the asteroid to look for the fleeing vessel, which could not be found. Solution: Abort Mission, reenter Mission. For those who experience this problem.

The other bug that would be well addressed is the non-appearance of your Away Team on away missions.

For those who have not caught on or heard yet, if your Away Team does not appear you have two recourses at present:

1) Group: If you are grouped with other player(s), and your Away Team does not appear, there will be a "Request Reinforcements" button. Hit that and after a delay your mission team members will "beam down".

2) Solo: If you are playng solo and your Away Team does not appear, type in the command /fillpetteamlist and hit Enter. After a delay your Away Team will appear.

However, it would be really nice if this was a non-issue.
Closed Thread