Lt. Commander
# 1 too many
10-01-2014, 09:36 PM
there are too many patrol missions in delta rising episodes ,scan and fight sort. Would rather see more racing maps .
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-01-2014, 09:49 PM
but thats like exactly what the alpha quadrant fleet should be doing, to get its baring and establish a foot hold, periodic patrols of all the systems in its sphere of influence. not every mission can be tv episode interesting, just be thankful you don't have to travel a week through sector space to get anywhere, and that you don't have to do any paperwork lol

all the patrols are better quality then most of the original story missions, most have you doing some 1 off interesting things, or have a lot of different objectives and parts.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 3
10-01-2014, 10:04 PM
I agree totally with Dontdrunk.

The only wish I had was that they had a few ground missions during the patrols, but otherwise really it's not that bad.

I do find it interesting that people will farm space STFs for dil and gear over and over and over again, but when they're given the chance to do patrols it's "too much".
Captain
# 4
10-02-2014, 05:57 AM
I like the new patrol missions. Some can be fairly tedious but by in large they're doing a lot to flush out the species and politics of the delta quadrant. If you take the main episodes by themselves you have Vaadwuar, Kobali, Undine, Voth Talaxian, and...scaley dude arcs but if it was left to that the Delta Quadrant would feel quite dry. This way we get Heirarchy, Benthans, Kazon, Malon, Android, Cooperative, Octani, and so on in small, largely independent missions that can say something without attaching that to the main story arc or forcing it into a tangent. Plus you have some quite variable mission structure, well written dialog (kudos especially for within-ship interactions), and a good template on what STO should be in future (Yes PVE's, battlezones and episodes, but some of this too.)

Suggestion: For the next half season that can spin off from the delta quadrant, Alpha Quadrant system patrol overhaul.
Career Officer
# 5
10-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Patrol missions should be a core game play mechanic throughout all areas methinks. The rewards should vary a lot depending on area but they should be the primary missions especially in a new area.

Former member of the Cryptic Friends & Family testing team. Sadly it simply vanished one day.
Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)

Last edited by aspartan1; 10-02-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
10-02-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspartan1 View Post
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Yeah, weird ain't it?

DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Career Officer
# 7
10-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Yeah, weird ain't it?

No doubt. Still waiting for this system to get fixed. Anyway I always hit reply then edit the BS out. It is far more efficient. Nothing worse then typing a long response they seeing that crap.

Former member of the Cryptic Friends & Family testing team. Sadly it simply vanished one day.
Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)