Lieutenant
# 1 Fleet Har'peng Torpedo
03-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Warriors of the Empire,

Many barrels of bloodwine ago, before the age of fleets and 10 console ships.....there existed a torpedo. This torpedo saw use at the hands of many noble Klingon warriors and even our greatest enemies the Federation saw its might. The Borg above Starbase 82 cowered in fear of the pink torpedo of death and its dangerous radiation after-effect. I hereby purpose that this mighty servant of the Empire be upgraded to Fleet status for the Klingon Defense Forces only. With this torpedo, our enemies will once again fear the might of the Har'peng torpedo...the weapon that destroyed the Doomsday Machine. Let this noble servant join us in battle once again!

[ End Speech]

When I first started STO, the Har'Peng was widely considered to be one of the best weapons in the game and one of the funnest. These days it is extremely rare to see this weapon used at all in the game and I suggest a Fleet version or at least a MKXII version for the KDF. Let the Federation/Federation Romulans keep the ability to get the MK11 version, but since the KDF (B'Vat) developed it they alone should get the higher version. All variants would include a Rapid Reload modifier to take away one of the greatest issues with the torpedo, its reload time.

Suggested Variants:
Fleet Har'peng [ACC][DMG]X2[Reload] (Or whatever the rapid reload modifier is)
Fleet Har'peng [ACC][DMG][REL][CrtH]
Fleet Har'Peng [ACC][DMG][REL][CrtD]
Fleet Har'Peng [DMG]X3[REL]

Just my thoughts .
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2014, 07:12 PM
I fully agree! Yes yes
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
03-20-2014, 07:59 PM
+1. Support for this.

/signed
Commander
# 4
03-20-2014, 08:15 PM
I definitely support this. I used this torp a lot when I was leveling my toon, and a fleet version would serve as a much welcome gift. However, I wouldn't be able to use it we'll on my ship because I have the defiant, which has too many boffs stations to do cannons and not have a buff able torpedo. Still, it would be nice for when I get to VA on my alt and start using the Jem'Hadar carrier
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
03-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyre99 View Post
I definitely support this. I used this torp a lot when I was leveling my toon, and a fleet version would serve as a much welcome gift. However, I wouldn't be able to use it we'll on my ship because I have the defiant, which has too many boffs stations to do cannons and not have a buff able torpedo. Still, it would be nice for when I get to VA on my alt and start using the Jem'Hadar carrier
Torpedo abilitys don't affect the harg'peng so I don't understand your problem.

I would suggest instead of simply adding new modifiers (as a mk XII is available to the kdf through doff missions.), we add a mini harg'peng to the standard available torpedos.

Then we can have a torpedo with similiar effects but useable with torpedo powers, perhaps with high yeild creating a similar effect to the current version.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
# 6
03-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
(as a mk XII is available to the kdf through doff missions.), we add a mini harg'peng to the standard available torpedos.

are you sure that doff mission is still avaible? I have been looking for it for months on multiple toons. only way I can get it now is to craft it. and then its bound to the crafter even.
Commander
# 7
03-21-2014, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icsairguns View Post
are you sure that doff mission is still avaible?
Mk XI is still available from doffing. Never heard of mk XII. Plus, mk XI is the highest mark of items available via episode replay (excluding solanae set).
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Captain
# 8
03-21-2014, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyknight22 View Post
When I first started STO, the Har'Peng was widely considered to be one of the best weapons in the game and one of the funnest. These days it is extremely rare to see this weapon used at all in the game
An interesting thing happened: They nerfed it to death, and now it's basically worthless. A Fleet version won't change this. The Sixpenga is gone now.
Empire Veteran
# 9
03-21-2014, 04:34 AM
I would love a KDF only version of this, perhaps it could even come on a c-store ship as the Fed have that wide angle quantum. It would even the playing field and give us warriors some equal footing provided it isn't nerfed. We haven't asked for the Fed torpedo to be nerfed and so a KDF Har'peng torpedo should not be nerfed either.

Keep it with it's current arc, make it equivalent with a MKXII and bring it back to pre-nerf status, the slow reload time would be fine as we don't want a tactical advantage over the Federation, oh I'd hate to see the whine threads if it was. Save us from that torment. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
03-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
Mk XI is still available from doffing. Never heard of mk XII. Plus, mk XI is the highest mark of items available via episode replay (excluding solanae set).
I can confirm this. I'm still able to find the Doff mision for the torpedo ocassionaly, but it's just very random. I got a couple from the Doff mission a week ago.
Also, just like notoryczny, I've never heard about Mk XII, I think Mk XI is as far as it goes currently.