Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 31
06-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxfire View Post
Remove your comment before mods remove it, you have not much time left, and prepare to be temp/perm banned from forums
What comment?

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
Captain
# 32
06-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Lol, ban him, all he does is troll forums calling for nerfs left and right.
Captain
# 33
06-21-2013, 03:46 AM
From my experience with them, the mines do direct hull damage over time. If you hit a target with multiple mines, what's supposed to happen is that it extends the stun/damage over time length.

What's *actually* happening if that it both extends and *multiplies* the stun and damage over time length and strength.

EDIT: So for example, let's say you take 100 kinetic damage/second when hit by a mine for 5 seconds. When you get hit by a second mind during that duration, it's supposed to add an additional 5 seconds onto that length, but do nothing else.

Instead it's both adding an additional 5 seconds onto the length, but also compounding the strength. So rather than take 100 kinetic damage/second for 5 seconds, you're taking 200 d/s for 10 seconds. If you dispersal pattern for 7 mines, you're taking 700/s for 35 seconds.

Or at least that's what I've seen in testing.

Last edited by illcadia; 06-21-2013 at 03:48 AM.