Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
06-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Hopefully, the fix for the map will just put things back to what it was. However, I can't promise anything. I also don't know when a fix might appear. So it's up to you if you want to replace the map or just wait for a fix.
Captain
# 12
06-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Hopefully, the fix for the map will just put things back to what it was. However, I can't promise anything. I also don't know when a fix might appear. So it's up to you if you want to replace the map or just wait for a fix.
Alright, thanks for the info. In the meantime, I'll work on the other segments on the mission; hopefully by the time that's done, the problem is found and fixed.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Career Officer
# 13
07-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
are we talking about days? months? or years before this is looked at? because there is no way to swap out a map and keep all the assets in place, you have to rebuild the whole section of a mission if the map has a problem. This is the third time a map change has disabled one of my missions. I spent a lot of time building the maps in my missions, I am not too keen to go back in a redo all that work again.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
07-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altexist View Post
are we talking about days? months? or years before this is looked at? because there is no way to swap out a map and keep all the assets in place, you have to rebuild the whole section of a mission if the map has a problem. This is the third time a map change has disabled one of my missions. I spent a lot of time building the maps in my missions, I am not too keen to go back in a redo all that work again.
I understand your frustration. I can tell you that the problem is still being worked on and has proven more difficult than initially expected, so we're talking at least weeks for a fix. Please note that that is only conjecture on my part and could be wrong.
Career Officer
# 15
07-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
I understand your frustration. I can tell you that the problem is still being worked on and has proven more difficult than initially expected, so we're talking at least weeks for a fix. Please note that that is only conjecture on my part and could be wrong.
just to clarify. Which part is conjecture ? " that the problem is still being worked "? , " has proven more difficult than initially expected " or " we're talking at least weeks for a fix"?

I am not meaning to troll you. I can see that you are on the forums every day dealing with players at the grassroots' level and I appreciate that. But i am getting the feel that you guys (the Devs) acknowledge the bugs in the foundry and want to fix them but there are no "boots on the ground" working on the foundry at all. There was a lot talk that when Neverwinter went live the Foundry Dev team would return and put some focus on STO's Foundry. Is this the case? or is it just you doing everything?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
07-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altexist View Post
just to clarify. Which part is conjecture ? " that the problem is still being worked "? , " has proven more difficult than initially expected " or " we're talking at least weeks for a fix"?

I am not meaning to troll you. I can see that you are on the forums every day dealing with players at the grassroots' level and I appreciate that. But i am getting the feel that you guys (the Devs) acknowledge the bugs in the foundry and want to fix them but there are no "boots on the ground" working on the foundry at all. There was a lot talk that when Neverwinter went live the Foundry Dev team would return and put some focus on STO's Foundry. Is this the case? or is it just you doing everything?
The conjecture was how long this might take to fix. As I've said before, I'm just a lowly QA Tester. I don't fix bugs, I just hunt them and document them. All decisions about what gets fixed and when are way above my pay grade.
Career Officer
# 17
07-03-2013, 04:12 PM
I am in agreement with Altexist,.
This same map bug has part 4 of my Spawn of Medusa
series down. (the pilot episode is featured)
Now those wishing to cannot complete the series
without skipping a very important key part of it, which
will ruin the story.

Sure would like to hear from someone that they
are working on it and might have an idea of how long this may take.

If you can't answer, maybe someone above your "pay grade" could give us some kind of response. It would be appreciated
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Captain
# 18
07-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
At least a few weeks? Well, at least we're given a rough estimate...

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Rihannsu
# 19
07-04-2013, 09:33 AM
BTW a similar issue exists with the Argelius interior. The map is now only about 1/4 of it's former width and the starbase interior I built inside of it is too large to fit in the new reduced size. At present I have 910 errors on the map.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 20
07-07-2013, 11:36 AM
I use the Ice Caves Interior 03 map in "Ghosts of War, Part VI" and am seeing this issue as well. For now I will simply withdraw the mission and add a warning to that effect to the end of Part V.