Captain
I've tried 4 times now to load a specific project (ST-HIQ8NZWHB). Each time I try, it kicks me out of the Foundry to the login screen and says "Login Failed for Unknown Reason."

edit: Got in during the fifth try.

Last edited by kirksplat; 06-20-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Captain
# 2
06-20-2013, 04:38 PM
The foundry is barely playable ATM.
Captain
# 3
06-20-2013, 10:24 PM
I was able to get this to repeat, intermittently by switching creator toon faction types. IE: Fed to klingon, Klingon to fed. The first attempted log in would occasionally cause this.

Worked around by logging on to a toon of the faction I wanted to play/workwith first. But it wasn't all the time it happened.
Ensign
Hello internet,
first off, why the hell cant i start a thread? thats some bull****.
secondly, my computer repeatedly crashes after a few minutes in-game. It crashes HARD, as in, turns completely off unextpectedly. My GPU is old, but up to date (running directx 11 on vista). I have service pack 2 and yaddie yadda yadaa.

Why does the game crash again and again? It seems to crash sooner if the graphics are turned up higher, so I turned everything to the lowest possible setting.... still eventually crashes, although it takes a bit longer.... i know this game has a fair share of bugs... soooo..
Career Officer
# 5
06-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samplexample View Post
Hello internet,
first off, why the hell cant i start a thread? thats some bull****.
secondly, my computer repeatedly crashes after a few minutes in-game. It crashes HARD, as in, turns completely off unextpectedly. My GPU is old, but up to date (running directx 11 on vista). I have service pack 2 and yaddie yadda yadaa.

Why does the game crash again and again? It seems to crash sooner if the graphics are turned up higher, so I turned everything to the lowest possible setting.... still eventually crashes, although it takes a bit longer.... i know this game has a fair share of bugs... soooo..
Are you posting in the wrong forum?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lieutenant
# 6
06-21-2013, 05:19 AM
I'm getting the same thing this morning. The funny thing is I had no issues last night with opening projects. I was getting disconnected from the server a lot, but never any problems re-opening my projects.

This morning the Foundry flat out refuses to open my preexisting work. Just out of curiosity I tried to start a new project, and it had no trouble with that. Then I closed and reopened the new project several times just to check...had absolutely no "login failed for unknown reasons".

So...I tried to open my work-in-progress again...and it once again spat out the error and kicked me to the login screen. I hope all that work isn't lost...that would make me berry berry sad.

Edit: Okay, so I tried this, and it worked...

Click the "archived projects" tab and import your mission as a new project. It got me back into my stuff so I can work on it! Weeeeeeeee!

Edit #2: (heavy sigh)...Now the imported copy isn't opening, but the original is. Plus, it appears I can't delete any projects.

Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)

Last edited by painkillerjayne; 06-21-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
06-21-2013, 06:17 PM
This is a known issue where there's a delay between the player's system and the server, I can't explain the details, but it's being worked on.
Career Officer
# 8
06-21-2013, 06:47 PM
The "Login failed for unknown reason" error seems to be essentially random.

I got the error 5 times in a row trying to open a project, and on the 6th try, doing nothing different, it worked.

Pretty much par for the course in this game.
Lieutenant
# 9
06-28-2013, 11:59 AM
I am also getting this error, but I am getting game crashes as well (cryptic error without any further information, game closes).
Entering the foundry is no longer possible for me at all.

When I try to enter the normal (non-foundry) game everything works quite normally (occasional disconnects, cryptic error every once in a while, pretty much what I have become used to).
Captain
# 10
06-29-2013, 12:02 PM
it freezes, crrashes and logs me out. I am getting a wee bit pissed off here