Starfleet Veteran
I realize it's a new patch, but:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psc3e84362.jpg

Beaming up to my ship and back didn't fix it either.

Now, I am wearing a Crystal Environmental Suit with a Maco Shield and Weapon, but that didn't do this yesterday before the patch.
Rihannsu
# 2
06-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
I realize it's a new patch, but:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psc3e84362.jpg

Beaming up to my ship and back didn't fix it either.

Now, I am wearing a Crystal Environmental Suit with a Maco Shield and Weapon, but that didn't do this yesterday before the patch.
Probably just a new wrinkle on the old "costume types other than 'uniform' break everything" problem.

Though I have to wonder -- why exactly don't the helmeted variants of the STF armors count as EV suits?
Captain
# 3
06-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
Probably just a new wrinkle on the old "costume types other than 'uniform' break everything" problem.

Though I have to wonder -- why exactly don't the helmeted variants of the STF armors count as EV suits?
I would love to be able to disable EV visuals if I'm wearing STF armor, or just not have to use the EV suit at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
06-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post

I've wondered that myself, but I think I know why. The base costume of the STF armors is just another uniform, simply styled to match the armor pieces. As a result, it is not a fully self-contained suit, but some armor plating placed on top of a uniform, similar to our modern-day ballistic vests. The helmet could act as a rebreather, but it wouldn't offer sufficient protection from the atmosphere of of a demon-class planet like Nukara, or the vacuum of space.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.

Last edited by jbmaverick; 06-20-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Rihannsu
# 5
06-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmaverick View Post
I've wondered that myself, but I think I know why. The base costume of the STF armors is just another uniform, simply styled to match the armor pieces. As a result, it is not a fully self-contained suit, but some armor plating placed on top of a uniform, similar to our modern-day ballistic vests. The helmet could act as a rebreather, but it wouldn't offer sufficient protection from the atmosphere of of a demon-class planet like Nukara, or the vacuum of space.
I'm sure that's the fluff explanation you'd get if you pressed the developers. The real reason is that those armor pieces predate EV suits being in the game.

I can't really complain too much, though it sure would be nice to have a T5 Nukara rep project like "upgrade MACO Armor hazard systems" or something that let you trade your XII MACO/Omega/Adapted Maco/KHG/Adapted KHG armor set for one with the EV switch enabled.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
06-29-2013, 06:52 AM
I agree, Make it So.
Republic Veteran
# 7
06-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Killed any ppl in Sleepy Hollow recently ?
2010 is my join date.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
06-29-2013, 07:03 AM
I must've.

At least my Pants are EV.