Lieutenant
# 91
06-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Career Officer
# 92
06-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldofmanwe View Post
Actually, I will quote Picard, who reminds us that all opinions, no matter how backwards we may think them, should not be silenced out of fear.

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
I assume you're quoting that ironically? Since the rest of your post is saying that we shouldn't be allowed to promote or celebrate our diversity on these forums or in this game... The exact opposite of what that quote is representing.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Ensign
# 93
06-21-2013, 02:04 PM
I wasnt debating if it was a choice or not i was debating if it should be brought into a video game for young kids to decide when theres better places to look for that info

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
I do not believe that being heterosexual or homosexual is a "lifestyle choice" any more than eating food or breathing oxygen is a "lifestyle choice". It is a basic biological impulse that predates the evolution of mankind.
Lieutenant
# 94
06-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hargbok View Post
I wasnt debating if it was a choice or not i was debating if it should be brought into a video game for young kids to decide when theres better places to look for that info

Mostly naked Orion women dancing seductively = ok
Two men love each other = OMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN
Ensign
# 95
06-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
This is not about civil rights. I support civil rights for everybody. Freedom and Fair-Play do not apply only to the people you happen to like or agree with.

This is about an article on diversity in a game and in society having a distinctly GLBT slant when diversity is supposed to be inclusive.

Why wasn't the episode "Melora" mentioned as an example of diversity as applied to persons with physical limitations? Why not point out that Leonard Nimoy, a Jewish man, was one of the lead actors? Why aren't we celebrating the casting of women into the role of starship captains and admirals?

In my opinion, this whole thing is extremely political. Since this was promoted by PWE I do not feel any freedom to either comment on the politics of this or to moderate this topic at all. Having expressed myself, I will now excuse myself from this thread.
Good, you are a forum moderator and you had no business expressing a personal opinion here. Volunteer or no, you have been given forum powers and responsibilities. Colour me unimpressed by your attitude.
Ensign
# 96
06-21-2013, 02:08 PM
information=google

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthian1701 View Post
Mostly naked Orion women dancing seductively = ok
Two men love each other = OMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN
Republic Veteran
# 97
06-21-2013, 02:09 PM
We're not promoting lifestyle choices, we are promoting tolerance and respect of people who have taken these choices in the true spirit of Trek, something people here don't seem to understand, including a certain purple-named moderator...
# 98
06-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:

I am not really understanding your thesis. Are you contending that there is something inherently detrimental to the development of young children for them to learn that some humans experience the same amorous feelings for those of their own gender as other humans experience for those of opposite gender?
Ensign
# 99
06-21-2013, 02:14 PM
I know you dont. Lets stick to the thread topic thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
I am not really understanding your thesis. Are you contending that there is something inherently detrimental to the development of young children for them to learn that some humans experience the same amorous feelings for those of their own gender as other humans experience for those of opposite gender?
Career Officer
# 100
06-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
I know you dont. Lets stick to the thread topic thanks
You mean acceptance of diversity? Of which you are showing none.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...