Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 New Launcher Looks Incomplete
01-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Here is a Screenshot of the New Launcher. I dont know if everyone sees what I am seeing when they start the launcher so I wanted to post the screenshot to show the developers about it being incomplete.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/...dfdb90b7_o.jpg

As you can see, there is white around the play/patch button, around the server up status. There is a white box where Cryptic is suppose to be. Plus other spots!

Granted this isn't really a bug, but it should be fixed before release on the 2nd!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 12:53 AM
It seems to be caused by Internet Explorer 6' inability to render transparent PNG files.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 01:05 AM
why the hell is anyone using IE6 upgrade now lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
why the hell is anyone using IE6 upgrade now lol
Why? I use Firefox.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikariuk View Post
Unfortunately most programs that need a web browser use the COM/ActiveX web browser control, which is pegged to IE; so the browser window you get will be whatever version of IE your system has installed. And there are a lot of programs that use a web browser control, because re-inventing the wheel is stupid.

I use Firefox, but I keep my IE up to date as well.
I really don't use windows for anything other than games, so I don't concern myself with cosmetic issues like this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Unfortunately most programs that need a web browser use the COM/ActiveX web browser control, which is pegged to IE; so the browser window you get will be whatever version of IE your system has installed. And there are a lot of programs that use a web browser control, because re-inventing the wheel is stupid.

I use Firefox, but I keep my IE up to date as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2010, 12:02 PM
I have IE 8 btw so this IE 6 thing isn't true. Sorry try again. I believe their PNG files aren't set for transparent backgrounds but white backgrounds.

If they were to set it for transparent background it would probably fix the issue, but they also need to put the Cryptic logo on as it hasn't shown up since the launcher was updated.

I tried a full scan to see if the files for the launcher was messed up but it didn't find any errors.