Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
****NOTE**** posting this here so others can find out why their movement keys are screwing up.. ive tested this almost 30 times at different zoom levels and it happens every single time the way i describe below.. the two work-arounds also work every single time. So.. for anyone haveing issues with their movement keys seeming to get off-center at random times durring ground combat.. here's your reason why and 2 ways to get around it till the Dev's fix it. (ive also bug reported this same copy-past in-game)

ok.. ive tested this a few times, and i have found the cause as to why people have reported their movement keys seeming to change on them durring ground combat. AND i can replicate it happening over and over at will now. What is happening is that if you are 'not' looking directly over your characters shoulder when you auto-attack something that is on the screen, Even though your character turns towards the target and fires on 'our' screen. Your server still see's the character 'faceing' the direction it was BEFOR we clicked the skill to initiate the attack. This then makes our ground movement controles appear to be 'off' or sometimes even completely inverted (the degree it seems to be off is determend soely on 2 things, 1) how far out you are zoomed, 2) how far off 'center' your character is faceing from the target that is auto-attacked. A few workarounds i have found for this are to either 1) ALWAYS be in aim-mode when combat 'can' happen.. and at the same time ALWAYS hit tab befor you click any attack skills so that your character auto-faces the target (though this requires auto-face target, or is it camera follow target?, to be on in the options). or 2) after auto-attacking something hold down the right mouse button while either slightly slideing the mouse right or left, or holding down the right mouse button and pressing a movement key, Then releasing the right mouse button. Both of those techniques seem to 're-allign' our visual paper dolls (the client one) with the 'actual' paper-doll (the server side one) Which then fixes the off-kilter movement keys.

Hope this long explination / bug report helps you guys to find a way to keep the avitar were seeing lined up with the paper-doll the Server itself see's nomater what we do.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Wow wall of white text. I want to read this so bad but the lack of spaces hurts my eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2010, 06:00 AM
In case there were any doubts, this bug has not been fixed; I'm noticing it more and more.

Thanks for the post FalseHope; it was a big help
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-26-2010, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
In case there were any doubts, this bug has not been fixed; I'm noticing it more and more.

Thanks for the post FalseHope; it was a big help
Welcome Hope they find a way to fix it soon so it stops happening.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Do you know how to turn off the annoying face target?
Only thing I found was face off screen target, but that doesn't work to lock my characters orientation with the camera.

Edit: petition for a chase cam, it would fix my problem.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
Do you know how to turn off the annoying face target?
Only thing I found was face off screen target, but that doesn't work to lock my characters orientation with the camera.

Edit: petition for a chase cam, it would fix my problem.
There should be a option withen the options menu (if you have it showing you the ground controles) to turn off the 'always face target' .
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseHope
There should be a option withen the options menu (if you have it showing you the ground controles) to turn off the 'always face target' .
There is an option "face offscreen target" which is off by default, but no option for general "face target".
Free camera only works as long as you have no target.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Cancelled
02-24-2010, 02:00 AM
I cancelled my subscription after the 30 day 'free' period.

I will still lurk here on this thread to see if they actually fix the cameras but I'm not paying a penny more until they do. Here is my comment about canceling the subscription. Please keep this thread up. Let's hope they listen:

Fix the cameras.

When you have a proper chase cam I will come back.

The cameras for both ground and space combat are confusing and bad. They make the game pointlessly difficult to play. Neither 'follow target' nor 'free camera actually do either.

All of the toggles and hotkeys for the cameras are mostly useless and just complicate the worst game camera system I have ever seen.

One of the most popular forum threads In 'Controls and User Interface' forum (always in the top 10 most viewed) is specifically about having a proper chase cam option. Read it and make it so.