Captain
# 51
06-29-2013, 08:43 AM
I had an idea for these things to deal with the damage. If the damage applied is unresistable, as has been stated, it only makes sense that the damage should be unbuffable.

Honestly, though, the stun on these things is bad enough. They would have plenty of utility even if they didn't have damage.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
06-29-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
it makes me sad to think of all the marks i would still need to grind to max the rep, AND to get this weapon to try it out. sounds horrifyingly op, its like the ice shotgun in space
Hmm i remember in the past when us grounders complained about the shotgun all you spacers and pvers said "Can't you put a environment suit on to nullify the effects of the gun?"
well here it comes!!!!!

Can't you use fire at will to shoot the mines before they attach themselves to your ship?
Can't you use Tractor beam repulsers to push them away from your ship?
Cant you use phonitic shock-wave to destroy most of them?
Cant you you Cannon Scatter Volly to destroy most of them?
Cant you use Torp Spread to destroy most of them?
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Captain
# 53
06-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailat View Post
Hmm i remember in the past when us grounders complained about the shotgun all you spacers and pvers said "Can't you put a environment suit on to nullify the effects of the gun?"
well here it comes!!!!!

Can't you use fire at will to shoot the mines before they attach themselves to your ship?
Read the thread. Same arguments were made for tric mines and for this. Don't generalise between communities. Some people disagreed with you. Different people are calling for balance here. Don't blame us for something we didn't do. Besides, players got their wish that time anyway. Cryo pulsewave was nerfed. If the situations are truly analogous, as you say, webmines should also be nerfed.

Why are you holding a grudge for so long, anyway? Isn't healthy. Take your misguided, quixotic quest for revenge elsewhere.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Captain
# 54
06-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
well here it comes!!!!!

I have 2 Torp Spreads, Gravity Well (with purple Aftershock DOff), Eject Warp Plasma, and a set of Transphasic Mines... yet, I still get trapped in these.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Empire Veteran
# 55
06-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
I had an idea for these things to deal with the damage. If the damage applied is unresistable, as has been stated, it only makes sense that the damage should be unbuffable.

Honestly, though, the stun on these things is bad enough. They would have plenty of utility even if they didn't have damage.
Good idea. If we can't resist the damage, then nothing should buff the damage.

Or switch em to kinetic damage, then even if they are buffable, they can be easily resisted at least.

Though I do think that they are totally ignoring shields and doing 100% bleedthrough.

Empire Veteran
# 56
06-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
well here it comes!!!!!

i was never one who dismissed that issue. a gun dealing damage theres no defense from i immediately thought was huge problem. though something that doesn't effect me, i argued against its existence on principle.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 57
06-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
lol if they said that, they were probably saying it out of ignorance not malice.

And whether or not anyone said anything, doesn't mean Cryptic can't fix the imbalance.

The point stands though, these mines are too good for how little you give up to get and use them.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 58
06-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i was never one who dismissed that issue. a gun dealing damage theres no defense from i immediately thought was huge problem. though something that doesn't effect me, i argued against its existence on principle.
Yeah me too.

The only people I saw defending that gun, were the people who were exploting the gun in conjunction with other combos that made it stupid-good.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Republic Veteran
# 59
07-12-2013, 10:14 AM
ya know, i really really wish that if it HAD to be nerfed, they could do it in respect to pvp only. i am so very sick of one shot invisitorps or invisibolts of particle fury that kill several ships in one shot, that i would love to give some back via this web mine weapon. please consider that option if it has to be nerfed, or at least give a player an easier way to pop the webmine op bubble in pvp only?

i know...no use i guess, it will prolly be de-balled fast enough, but i had to speak up for pve-ers, i dont even mess with pvp.
Captain
# 60
07-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojored View Post
ya know, i really really wish that if it HAD to be nerfed, they could do it in respect to pvp only. i am so very sick of one shot invisitorps or invisibolts of particle fury that kill several ships in one shot, that i would love to give some back via this web mine weapon. please consider that option if it has to be nerfed, or at least give a player an easier way to pop the webmine op bubble in pvp only?

i know...no use i guess, it will prolly be de-balled fast enough, but i had to speak up for pve-ers, i dont even mess with pvp.
It is more likely that the DHC will be nerfed first before these mines.