Survivor of Romulus
# 11
06-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
Please this better not turn into a NERF SCI again thread!!

Sci has been nerfed hard over the last 2 years - only now is it starting to come back.

Figures it would piss off tac players.
Im a Sci
Captain
# 12
06-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Id say this is far from a 'Nerf this and that' thread.
More about premades (some) just outright takin the p**s in the queues.
Captain
# 13
06-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegie0 View Post
Not really saying that Scenario is the best, but more or less making a point. One Gwell is bad, 4 is harsh. 12 spammed by doffs is just OMG... Now as for my point if it wasn't clear, is that Cheese is native to queues, and in perticular to Premades.
and i fully understand that.
sto is a casual game, yet they based it on the rpg trinity system.
a system where you get together with some guildies to make a team to best exploit all the stacked flaws in the game, which you then call 'skill'.
of course a dedicated group, dedicated to this end will know all these flaws and how to use them.

thats why rpg games are obsolete **** and the new line of mmo games like planetside work so much better.

and one of the issues they never where able, arent able, and never will be able to balance, is how persistent effects stack in use when used within the rpg mechanic.
and thats before you get to target elimination.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.

Last edited by skollulfr; 06-23-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
06-23-2013, 06:34 PM
I know who you're talking about. It's really Freaking frustrating when Some random players or even a few friends that get together have to deal with multiple Temp Inversions...
Captain
# 15
06-23-2013, 06:36 PM
You can't blame trinity design for game balanced issues... when its there departure from trinity that is the issue.

DPS in a trinity can't tank... does that apply here.

CC in a trnity can't do DPS... does that apply here.

Tank in a trinity can't do DSP .... does that apply here.

The main issue with balance in this game isn't that its trinity design with broken designers.

Its that it was designed to be trinity and at a some point Cryptics devs forgot what they where doing and threw so much power creep junk out there that. Balance only exists if teams a agree to leave a ton of junk off the field.

Teams that decide to on purples stack broken power creep items is where people start calling cheese. We could all design almost unbeatable teams full of junk... or at least teams so damn annoying to play against that people would rather be off doing something else. Thats the issue described here.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Commander
# 16
06-23-2013, 06:40 PM
One does wonder, though, why they didn't put their tac in a Temporal Destroyer. One more Inversion Field would've made it much more fun for everyone.
Julius - Klingon Tactical Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey // Rujan - Klingon Science Officer, Temporal Science Vessel
Marcellus - Romulan Tactical Officer, Scimitar Warbird // Aurelius - Klingon Science Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey
Hadrian, Romulan Tactical Officer, Fleet T'varo Retrofit
Captain
# 17
06-23-2013, 06:45 PM
yes i can.
this game at its core had the trinity in mind.
even today they are pretending it is there, its half the reason cruisers are shafted, why sci powers got neutered.

the cancerous trinity is still here, yet the game, being a gun game, with a casual target audience, arent what the trinity can be used for.

thus we have all the fubar dynamics all over the place. its not a matter of 'they forgot' its a matter of not recognising the trinity for what is is, outmoded, stagnant, inflexable and obsolete.

to a current gen of gamers who have experienced better, its not good enough.
hell, even when the trinity is done right it has a set of criteria that must be met in the game design for it to function.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Lieutenant
# 18 Ha
06-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Not to be any way unpleasant but a fleet your are all too familiar with enraged me to warp on them using a similar combination of 4 scis 1 Tac with multiple Gravity wells grav Pulse AMS Vs Pugs though this was a considerable time ago.

So a taste of your own medicine perhaps?
Make It STO Podcast Click Here
Career Officer
# 19
06-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
It's poopy when you've got 10+ photonic fleet ships to deal with.
It is poopy. Especially if they are the meanie tractor beamy kind.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 20
06-23-2013, 07:56 PM
let me guess......-FS-

Temporals with the 2 parts temporal-set (temporal inversion field gets incredible anoying with that bonus). And of course 2-3 Graviton pulse 30sec. They can leave complete stunned for almost 2 minutes (im not exaggerating, 2 complete minutes), and you cant do nothing (evasives, omega, epte...nothing work)

Simple solution: ignore those noobs.

Or do a private match banning those things, and they will lose 15-0. No doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
You can't blame trinity design for game balanced issues... when its there departure from trinity that is the issue.
no i can't blame them for the game issues, but i can blame them for abuse of those issues. We all know that are things than can be exploited by a premade for ruin the pvp experience, but we chose don't use them because is simple stupid. I don't care if someone use an ams or an scramble doff or a graviton pulse here an there, but that is totaly diferent than an organized premade abusing of those things.
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)

Last edited by playhard88; 06-23-2013 at 08:49 PM.