Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 135
# 21
06-24-2013, 01:23 PM
One of the pod casts released this month D'Stahl did say that they'd start releasing info on the Scimitar around end of June, so I'd still like to stay optimistic about this.

However, if they actually do intend to have a group of players test the Scimitar, then I expect it's actual release no sooner than atleast Mid July - End of July.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 407
# 22
06-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwestbrook View Post
One of the pod casts released this month D'Stahl did say that they'd start releasing info on the Scimitar around end of June, so I'd still like to stay optimistic about this.

However, if they actually do intend to have a group of players test the Scimitar, then I expect it's actual release no sooner than atleast Mid July - End of July.
I would imagine if others are correct in the summer event's purpose to keep us active in playing. Then they will release Scimitar at the end of the summer event. Which means that I will personaly /rage for over a month. Why can't they just give the Romulans what they do not have... a Carrier .

/rage... then /QQ
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 23
06-24-2013, 03:32 PM
I got a screenshot of a Falchion and a Scimitar flown by players on tribble. I do not know if I can post them or not. I would hate to get in trouble for it.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 407
# 24
06-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstalker61 View Post
I got a screenshot of a Falchion and a Scimitar flown by players on tribble. I do not know if I can post them or not. I would hate to get in trouble for it.
That is actually kind of a Grey area, however I believe that Imgur links and other image hosting sites have often had links posted in the forums with no mention as to any issue from the Moderators. But if you happen to notice how effective one of those ships is please do share. You more than likely saw something the rest of us will not see for a few months.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,580
# 25
06-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
But they are allies.. well some of them. Can the Federation be allied with a race that openly uses thalaron weapons?
They are not allies, D'tan asked for help in building New Romulus but that should be the extend of their alliance ... not that much different that when Praxis blown and the Klingons had to request some assistance to clean up the damage.

Besides they were allies during the Dominion War back with the Tal Shiar and even worst things, the entire argument about "weapons of mass destruction" kinda loses out when every starship is quite capable of wiping out a entire planet, its just a question of time.

As in the subject of the Federation not being the same ... well the Federation and the Klingon Empire were in friendly terms in TNG despite the Klingons never really being that different that from TOS, in fact I will remind you that Klingons treatment of prisoners is ... rather "different" that of the Federation and multiculturalism is really not the Empire way (I would say the Klingon Empire suffers far more indignities that the Federation as far STO goes) that means the Federation is quite ... accommodating with others.

I think a lot of people look at the Federation as the US and tend to think the Federation will act as the US, meaning enforcing some types of behavior when the Federation is more like the UN, peace is reached by acknowledgement of others and that does mean having to take things that are morally repulsive as something other cultures have a right to.

In the end the only Captains flying these ships will be Romulan Republic Captains and Obisek had no problem in securing those weapons, in fact turning down D'tan just means if he goes down all those ships will be targeting Federation and Klingon targets, they are not going to just go away and D'tan have no interest on being a protectorate of the Federation or the Klingon Empire.

Thats the crux, if you want to start removing tech you "disagree with" then you might as well take out all Warbirds and then being nothing but a race selection because you just reduced the Romulans and Remans as nothing but refugees with no dignity.

Quote:
And on another note, I think this thread has been derailed.
Yes and that is why I said to drop it.

I am replying because ... well this is like the Vesta "focused" testing, its not testing ... this is a bunch of people with connections to Cryptic to get to fly the newest ships, at least the Andorian Escorts had no illusions of being "focused tested" but at the same time I have to say, *if* this intended as a Publicity Stunt so people would post and talk about it on a positive light ... well like the Vesta none appears to want to do it, I am sure the usual Podcasters have access to it and will talk about (and most of us will ignore because a hour long of talking about nothing gets boring really quick) and perhaps even show badly edited videos of it in battle but since NOBODY is talking about it... as a publicity stunt is pretty much fail isnt?
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 06-24-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,214
# 26
06-25-2013, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegie0 View Post
I would imagine if others are correct in the summer event's purpose to keep us active in playing. Then they will release Scimitar at the end of the summer event. Which means that I will personaly /rage for over a month. Why can't they just give the Romulans what they do not have... a Carrier .

/rage... then /QQ
Whilst I understand the frustration and, whilst I hate to have to use the term, impatience of those who want the Scimitar, this is another case of "do you want it now or do you want it done right".

No point in them releasing an unfinished, untested, product. Seems to me that they're actually making some effort to produce a good end-product here.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 229
# 27
06-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstalker61 View Post
I got a screenshot of a Falchion and a Scimitar flown by players on tribble. I do not know if I can post them or not. I would hate to get in trouble for it.
I'd love to see these photos, I don't think there would be a problem because they've already said that we will see some "new ships" on Tribble. If they didn't want players to see them they wouldn't have put them on Tribble for testing...

Plus it's not like you'd be sharing the layout/armament/stats (which probably would get you in trouble), just a nice pic.

If it makes you feel better, post a link to a link to a link to keep it well away from the forums, or PM me with the link and I'll post it.

---

Back on topic, anyone have anything that they've observed about the Scimitar? I had heard mention (as Vegie0 said) about some "Scimitar Cloak". Anyone observed what that is?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 407
# 28
06-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Whilst I understand the frustration and, whilst I hate to have to use the term, impatience of those who want the Scimitar, this is another case of "do you want it now or do you want it done right".

No point in them releasing an unfinished, untested, product. Seems to me that they're actually making some effort to produce a good end-product here.
While I see your point of getting the bugs our and making sure it works right. I also reference that just about every ship tested by these elite testers for Cryptic... gets adjusted and fixed numerous times once it hits the Holodeck... So why not give it to US and let us fix it. We do that anyway.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 29
06-25-2013, 12:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qVRMnJC.jpg

The one closer to me is a Falchion, the other is a Scimitar

Last edited by nightstalker61; 06-25-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 351
# 30
06-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstalker61 View Post
I want one!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:31 PM.