I just recently upgraded to gold and wanted to play with the foundry stuff, My main and Romulan are both KDF, and I too am having this issue, where i go to create a KDF and character creation fails totally.
I am glad that there is a fix in the works but still kinda sucks that i cant make anything until then.
For the good that more reports might do, same issue here.
The information that might be useful:
1) I am not, nor have I ever been a Gold player. I made 1 zen purchase in the 18 months that I have been playing for 2000 zen
2) I have 6 published Federation Foundry missions and 1 unpublished KDF mission
3) I can create new Starfleet Test characters in the blink of an eye, but KDF ones lead me to "Character Creation Failed"
4) My foundry slots have been bought in 4 packs, 2 times, for a total of 8 Foundry Project slots
5) I have a total of 5 holodeck characters: 2 fed, 2 kdf, 1 rommy (fed ally)
6) I can still work on my KDF mission that is unpublished and edit already-published Federation missions
7) My ingame handle: @rahmkota19
Will send a bug report when I'm back on holodeck, when I do I will edit this post to have the ID.
"/me Pray" "target selected: Coming Fix"
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
What i was wondering; I've seen STO using the ability to "update when needed" like with the latest Azura bug or when you start working on a foundry mission (the "contacting foundry update screen").
Is there any possibility it could be part of a hot-patch? Or are you forced to wait for the next update-thursday since it's a part of the character-creation screen (pre-foundry screen)?
An complete answer on this would take more knowledge than I have. We do have some options for getting new code live outside of our regular updates. As I understand them, these options are all very effort intensive, usually needing our top people to implement and/or approve their use. As such they are only used for serious problems which are affecting the majority of our player base. Anything else is left to the usual update process.