I just recently upgraded to gold and wanted to play with the foundry stuff, My main and Romulan are both KDF, and I too am having this issue, where i go to create a KDF and character creation fails totally.
I am glad that there is a fix in the works but still kinda sucks that i cant make anything until then.
For the good that more reports might do, same issue here.
The information that might be useful:
1) I am not, nor have I ever been a Gold player. I made 1 zen purchase in the 18 months that I have been playing for 2000 zen
2) I have 6 published Federation Foundry missions and 1 unpublished KDF mission
3) I can create new Starfleet Test characters in the blink of an eye, but KDF ones lead me to "Character Creation Failed"
4) My foundry slots have been bought in 4 packs, 2 times, for a total of 8 Foundry Project slots
5) I have a total of 5 holodeck characters: 2 fed, 2 kdf, 1 rommy (fed ally)
6) I can still work on my KDF mission that is unpublished and edit already-published Federation missions
7) My ingame handle: @rahmkota19
Will send a bug report when I'm back on holodeck, when I do I will edit this post to have the ID.
"/me Pray" "target selected: Coming Fix"
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. BUT WHY?!?!?!?
Discuss my idea of restructuring the current levelling here.
Proud leader of the Delta Task Force.
What i was wondering; I've seen STO using the ability to "update when needed" like with the latest Azura bug or when you start working on a foundry mission (the "contacting foundry update screen").
Is there any possibility it could be part of a hot-patch? Or are you forced to wait for the next update-thursday since it's a part of the character-creation screen (pre-foundry screen)?
An complete answer on this would take more knowledge than I have. We do have some options for getting new code live outside of our regular updates. As I understand them, these options are all very effort intensive, usually needing our top people to implement and/or approve their use. As such they are only used for serious problems which are affecting the majority of our player base. Anything else is left to the usual update process.