Ensign
# 31
07-26-2013, 03:00 AM
I just recently upgraded to gold and wanted to play with the foundry stuff, My main and Romulan are both KDF, and I too am having this issue, where i go to create a KDF and character creation fails totally.

I am glad that there is a fix in the works but still kinda sucks that i cant make anything until then.
Captain
# 32
07-28-2013, 09:25 AM
For the good that more reports might do, same issue here.

The information that might be useful:
1) I am not, nor have I ever been a Gold player. I made 1 zen purchase in the 18 months that I have been playing for 2000 zen
2) I have 6 published Federation Foundry missions and 1 unpublished KDF mission
3) I can create new Starfleet Test characters in the blink of an eye, but KDF ones lead me to "Character Creation Failed"
4) My foundry slots have been bought in 4 packs, 2 times, for a total of 8 Foundry Project slots
5) I have a total of 5 holodeck characters: 2 fed, 2 kdf, 1 rommy (fed ally)
6) I can still work on my KDF mission that is unpublished and edit already-published Federation missions
7) My ingame handle: @rahmkota19

Will send a bug report when I'm back on holodeck, when I do I will edit this post to have the ID.

"/me Pray" "target selected: Coming Fix"
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
Proud leader of the Delta Task Force (vist sto-deltataskforce.webs.com for more information.
This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. BUT WHY?!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiyoumiku View Post
Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 33
07-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
For the good that more reports might do, same issue here.
Thanks for your report.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 34
07-31-2013, 12:26 PM
I tested a fix for this and things looked good on my end. So I can say that a fix is inbound. Keep an eye on the patchnotes and once the fix is live let me know if you continue to have any problems.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
07-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
I tested a fix for this and things looked good on my end. So I can say that a fix is inbound. Keep an eye on the patchnotes and once the fix is live let me know if you continue to have any problems.
Sooner than you think.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post11686901

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 36
07-31-2013, 12:43 PM
yay frost and rest of the Cryptic team

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
07-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Dear crypticfrost,

What i was wondering; I've seen STO using the ability to "update when needed" like with the latest Azura bug or when you start working on a foundry mission (the "contacting foundry update screen").

Is there any possibility it could be part of a hot-patch? Or are you forced to wait for the next update-thursday since it's a part of the character-creation screen (pre-foundry screen)?
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Captain
# 38
08-01-2013, 03:20 AM
YES, today's patch notes said KDF character creation should no longer fail!

As soon as the server is back up after maintenance, i'll hop on the foundry and test the fix.

Thanks in advance for the fix, even if it doesnt work it shows that the foundry is being cared about!
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
Proud leader of the Delta Task Force (vist sto-deltataskforce.webs.com for more information.
This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. BUT WHY?!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiyoumiku View Post
Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
08-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I can confirm being able to create a KDF char for foundry, thanks Frost and Cryptic!

ps; would still love an answer on my last question .
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Cryptic Studios Team
# 40
08-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Dear crypticfrost,

What i was wondering; I've seen STO using the ability to "update when needed" like with the latest Azura bug or when you start working on a foundry mission (the "contacting foundry update screen").

Is there any possibility it could be part of a hot-patch? Or are you forced to wait for the next update-thursday since it's a part of the character-creation screen (pre-foundry screen)?
An complete answer on this would take more knowledge than I have. We do have some options for getting new code live outside of our regular updates. As I understand them, these options are all very effort intensive, usually needing our top people to implement and/or approve their use. As such they are only used for serious problems which are affecting the majority of our player base. Anything else is left to the usual update process.

That's really all I can tell you on the matter.