Career Officer
# 201
06-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Welp, it's a good day to be an Orion!
Commander
# 202
06-25-2013, 12:45 PM
I was looking through the Forum top listing, expecting to see the next Blog on the Summer Event, and instead saw a heading about the interview with Stahl, but with only the first part showing. That made a very interesting picture form in my mind about the Klingons wondering why they would be at this event....

Federation Commanders and Admirals beam down to Risa, eagerly looking forward to the plush resorts on sun-baked sands. As they push open the gate from the beam-down cave, they find....

.....Kahless looks over the group of swimwear-clad Federation Officers stepping out onto the volcanic battleground with disbelieving glances, and grins in harsh joy as he shouts to them. "There has been an unannounced change of venue. The Klingon Empire would like to show our own 'cultural diversity' in permitting you a glimpse into the afterlife we all face. I hope you enjoy your Summer Event at the Gates of Sto'vo'kor!"

Well, okay...maybe not. Probably just the result of too much caffine in the workplace....

Last edited by danqueller; 06-25-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 203
06-27-2013, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Not as worse as Spocks Brain
Turnabout Intruder.

*shudder*

No swimwear on Risa? Weak sauce.
--------------------------------------------
People are broken. -- Lum the Mad
Captain
# 204
06-27-2013, 07:42 PM
The no swimsuits at this time policy is especially egregious when we're looking at all of the Risans (Risians?) walking around in absolutely spectacular swimsuits. I mean seriously, the team did a phenomenal job on those lady's swimsuits. Regardless of personal distaste for yahoos on ESD in swimsuits, it does perpetuate the myth that Starfleet officers are staid and don't know how to have fun.

Although giving everybody the Vash style Indiana Jones look was an interesting canon solution.

You could've at least had swimsuits on underneath.

In fact I was looking forward to putting my female alts into a sarong.

I want to like have my BOFFs down for a party, or at least able to bring one officer down too like on New Romulus. Something to think about for next year.

All that said though, I'm actually having a LOT of fun and this is a superior outing to the winter event thus far. A totally different feel and very laid back...as expected of Risa. Good work.

So please look into tech to restrict the swimsuit clothing to Risa...like the jet packs. Thank you for my jet packs, I always look for jet packs in the future.

And thanks in advance for the Risan Corvette, looks like it's gonna be fun.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Lieutenant
# 205 corvette ship
08-05-2013, 05:38 AM
i'am annoyed that the summer event ends on the 15th of august but the Risian Lohlunat Pearl runs out on the 5th,i have 953 pearls and only needed 1 more day to receive my ship,please can extend to the 15th please
Captain
# 206
08-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo200 View Post
i'am annoyed that the summer event ends on the 15th of august but the Risian Lohlunat Pearl runs out on the 5th,i have 953 pearls and only needed 1 more day to receive my ship,please can extend to the 15th please
Unfortunately, there are no plans to extend the event further other than what we announced today (new end date for earning free pearls from the daily is 10AM PDT this Wednesday, 8/7); however, If you complete it tomorrow, it sounds like you will have 993. Depending on when the daily timer runs out, would you be able to complete the final daily by 10AM PDT on Wednesday? If not, the remaining 7 can be picked up via the pearl bundles that are available for purchase with Lobi until 8/31 -- each bundle costs 5 Lobi and opening one will get you between 2 and 6 pearls.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=