Captain
# 61
06-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli19 View Post
Thank you! I've been reading through the entries here and previous challenges as well. I'm really impressed with the ability of this community and how friendly everyone is.
You're very welcome, it's a great community, with some great writers I love the LCs as writing practice, but reading other's entries is always a pleasure
Captain
# 62
06-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I managed to get my entry in a little earlier this time. It wasn't initially how i was planning to write it but i was overall pleased with out it went out.

I'll have to check out that link and see what mine says, Probably "you write like a 5 year old with a crayon".
I really liked that entry, it's always nice to spend time on Vulcan
Lt. Commander
# 63
06-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Unspoken in Jenni's story is that she is perfectly aware that her father's' debts, enough to get him sold into the service of a Gorn officer looking for Orion mercenaries for a near-suicide mission, totaled roughly the value of her books, her room, her food, with enough left over to buy herself a place in a technical school for orphan girls.
Lt. Commander
# 64
06-29-2013, 09:24 AM
loving everyones stuff so far, put up the second part of mine. One of these days I need to write up just why Schrodi is insane..and why she gets away with it. it's not so much that she's nuts..she just works on a slightly different plane than most
Starfleet Veteran
# 65
06-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightraider6 View Post
loving everyones stuff so far, put up the second part of mine. One of these days I need to write up just why Schrodi is insane..and why she gets away with it. it's not so much that she's nuts..she just works on a slightly different plane than most
Very nice work.

Though it looks like there might be a Part 3 on the way. I look forward to seeing it if it is coming, and hope it's a good one.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Lt. Commander
# 66
06-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Very nice work.

Though it looks like there might be a Part 3 on the way. I look forward to seeing it if it is coming, and hope it's a good one.
yeah, working on part three now. though this is actually a bit of an intro for my romulan char, decided to do one afterall, and Rylov sorta is sticking with me.
Captain
# 67
06-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Okay, in the end I did 'blink'-most of the material I put together for this one was too rough for the STO forums-too graphic. as it is, I wound up paring out about 3/4 of the stuff I'd actually outlined and summarizing the rest, hopefully the scenes aren't TOO rough and the story's not too 'jerky' as a result of chainsaw editing.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Commander
# 68
06-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Just as a heads up, I have NO idea if I'll be able to contribute anything after all for this session. Circumstances in real life have left me with very little free time this week. I'll see what I can do, though.
Captain
# 69
06-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Just as a heads up, I have NO idea if I'll be able to contribute anything after all for this session. Circumstances in real life have left me with very little free time this week. I'll see what I can do, though.
Hope they work out for you, your stuff's always high on my "Read it NOW!!!" list.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 70
06-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Okay, in the end I did 'blink'-most of the material I put together for this one was too rough for the STO forums-too graphic. as it is, I wound up paring out about 3/4 of the stuff I'd actually outlined and summarizing the rest, hopefully the scenes aren't TOO rough and the story's not too 'jerky' as a result of chainsaw editing.
I'm going to need some time to process. That was a serious story, all right. All I'm ready to say now is that it was no fair using "Red Sector A" like that, man - bypassed the intellectual filters and hit me right in the hippocampus...
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.