Former PWE Community Team Lead
We've added a new screenshot to the screenshot gallery. Space: the final frontier. These are your voyages...

Link to the gallery.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
07-26-2013, 12:04 PM
What map is that from?

It's an amazing shot.

For Ship Charts and Videos - www.starfish1.co.uk and My YouTube Channel
Commander
# 3
07-26-2013, 12:08 PM
yea awesome screen shot,
need more like those in the gallary
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 4
07-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish1701 View Post
What map is that from?

It's an amazing shot.
Log-in screen

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
07-26-2013, 12:38 PM
That's really a nice one! I agree with artanisen, we need more of this type of screenshots in the galery that portray open space and space objects.
Rihannsu
# 6
07-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Log-in screen

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
yeah the only screen alot of people that try to play the game get to see..
Captain
# 7
07-26-2013, 01:01 PM
The loading screen image, while nice, isn't thread worthy. Everyone who has played the game (at least recently) has seen this image. Therefore it is redundant to people who already play the game.
Captain
# 8
07-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Log-in screen

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

We could actually recognize it if those windows wouldn't bee so oversized. The character screen has the whole left side of my pc screen

By the way: Behold the noble Starfish. For he has gotten a new king at his side. Prince George of Cambridge will ride the lands and soils of Englund and the Commonwealth Realms swiftly with his stallions.

Last edited by organicmanfred; 07-26-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-26-2013, 01:48 PM
This is very different for a Friday screenshot, but is one that is simple and most welcome. This change to the login screen was one of the best things (for me at least) when LoR came out. This space art is still a joy to see even now, and isn't feeling old at all. I think it enhances the brand and game if anything.

You know, for once it feels like Cryptic/PWE isn't trying to tease with something they want us to buy, but rather gives us an image that subtly says, "We still remember we're building a Star Trek game," and that gives me hope. Perhaps Cryptic is finally thinking about expanding the exploration side of things. Oh please tell me that's so.

It's so nice to think that beyond the war, the turmoil, and chaos of 2409, there's a bright horizon awaiting us. A terrible threat looms which threatens the entire galaxy, and soon the empires at war will unite once more to save the future. The human adventure is still just beginning...

If you enjoy space art like this, there's plenty of graphic artists out there that render gorgeous images like this all the time. A few of my favorite space artists include folks like a-j-s, kaioshen, joejesus, qauz, and taenaron, each one very much worth googling and checking out their portfolios.
Captain
# 10
07-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hylanvahr View Post
This is very different for a Friday screenshot, but is one that is simple and most welcome. This change to the login screen was one of the best things (for me at least) when LoR came out. This space art is still a joy to see even now, and isn't feeling old at all. I think it enhances the brand and game if anything.

You know, for once it feels like Cryptic/PWE isn't trying to tease with something they want us to buy, but rather gives us an image that subtly says, "We still remember we're building a Star Trek game," and that gives me hope. Perhaps Cryptic is finally thinking about expanding the exploration side of things. Oh please tell me that's so.

It's so nice to think that beyond the war, the turmoil, and chaos of 2409, there's a bright horizon awaiting us. A terrible threat looms which threatens the entire galaxy, and soon the empires at war will unite once more to save the future. The human adventure is still just beginning...

If you enjoy space art like this, there's plenty of graphic artists out there that render gorgeous images like this all the time. A few of my favorite space artists include folks like a-j-s, kaioshen, joejesus, qauz, and taenaron, each one very much worth googling and checking out their portfolios.
I don't mean to be rude, but to be honest I think you are reading far too much into this screenshot. I think they went with a minimalist perspective and was like okay we don't want to show off anything from season 8 yet, so let's just throw something up there. The result: the login screen.