Captain
Massively's STO Columnist Terilynn Shull recently visited Cryptic Studios to talk to the team. In this week's Captain's Log entry, she writes about her interview with Executive Producer Daniel Stahl.

Link to the column.
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-23-2013, 05:22 PM
was part 2 posted? and ya, id hardly call sto a game in maintenance mode, it doesn't feel that way at all. knowing there always more to come makes me want to keep playing
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 07-23-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Captain
# 3
07-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
was part 2 posted? and ya, id hardly call sto a game in maintenance mode, it doesn't feel that way at all. knowing there always more to come makes me want to keep playing
I was confused myself, I think you mean pt 2 of Geko interview.
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 4
07-23-2013, 06:08 PM
An interesting read, but a big chunk of it is kind of like:

Q: Do you like your bosses? Are they good for the Company? (Please note that we will broadcast your answers on television).

You don't have to read the answers to know what he says.
Career Officer
# 5
07-23-2013, 06:39 PM
A possibility for a native Mac client? And as soon as the end of the year? I can't say I was expecting that. But hey good for them. If there's a large enough potential for new players there, go for it.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
# 6
07-23-2013, 07:30 PM
I wonder if ARC will put a fly in the ointment of PWE/Cryptic's exuberance...

It will certainly dampen my enthusiasim, if it's made mandatory.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 5.0 years.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Limme look in captains log
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I wonder if ARC will put a fly in the ointment of PWE/Cryptic's exuberance...

It will certainly dampen my enthusiasim, if it's made mandatory.
I was curious about ARC and loaded the client on my computer. I was able to log in and play without any noticeable change from the standard STO client. I don't think I will need to use ARC since I have no other PWE MMOs (and probably never will add another), so I just checked the option not to have it automatically start during system start-up. It is more eye candy than functionality to me, but I don't see an issue as long as the standard STO client is available.
Captain
# 9
07-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
An interesting read, but a big chunk of it is kind of like:

Q: Do you like your bosses? Are they good for the Company? (Please note that we will broadcast your answers on television).

You don't have to read the answers to know what he says.
This is pretty much why I've stopped reading/listening to interviews .
I feel bad for the podcasters because I know that they are trying , but when you get Fox News type answers from the same ppl who dare to single out a single podcast for the sole reason to hold them up and say "see STO podcasters , this is what happens when you don't behave ..." -- well that is just too much .

My time is more valuable then this .
I am loosing STO with each new system based update and with each removal and editing of content .
I don't know how to save her from her systems obsessed masters who seek to control and monetize me more and more .

Starfleet Veteran
# 10
07-25-2013, 03:34 PM
I was pretty excited, but hesitant, when I read of Dan's mention of a possible Mac client back in the Q&A from January.

It's really good to now get a proper confirmation that it's actually going to happen! I currently play the game using the CrossOver emulation app, which handles it really well, but there are some annoying issues that I'll be glad to be rid of with an official Mac client.

Original join date: January 2010 (formally MarcW)
Lifetime Subscriber since Open Beta
Proud supporter of STO