Captain
# 51
06-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
Because most BoP pilots are a)KDF and B)not casual players c) most KDF don't use the BoP much anyways for ESTF because of those stats - I am one of the few i know that takes a B'rel into ESTF.
I'm a casual player and part of a KDF fleet which entirely consists of casual players. We have countless BoP pilots among us, including myself, and I have never ran into problems in ESTFs with it nor have seen anyone in my fleet having problems in those. Hullpower means nothing in this game. All you need is to make sure that your shields are constantly buffed and you will notice that a 0.8 shield mod is sufficient for PvE.
Career Officer
# 52
06-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Come on DDS - 98% of the people who play this event and get this ship are going to be blown to pieces in ESTF with a 27k hull and 0.9 shield mod.

I know for a fact that at the end of July the forums will be full of rage posts about how weak the ship is and how mad players are that they get blown up ALL the time in this ship.

Most players could not build a boff layout that would offset that low a hull and shield mod - you know that. This is going to be an issue end of July - I just know it.
It woudn't be STO if DDS didn't announce every ship needs a nerf before it's even available based on a long string of abbreviations that 95% of players don't even understand. Tradition dies hard, and DDS's play style and adamant belief that it is the only valid way to play is as unchanging as stone.
So, I am sitting alongside a Caitian Atrox Carrier at Earth Spacedock, and I think to myself "Man, that ship has a lot of windows".

Then it occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, because cats love to sit in windows.
Captain
# 53
06-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
How come most BoP pilots easily manage to survive ESTFs despite ~23k hull and 0.8 shield mod?
um...because they are AFK during ESTF, constantly hidden under cloak? Only comes out when the Cube has 1% of health left, then claim they "one-shot" a Cube!
Captain
# 54
06-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
I'm a casual player and part of a KDF fleet which entirely consists of casual players. We have countless BoP pilots among us, including myself, and I have never ran into problems in ESTFs with it nor have seen anyone in my fleet having problems in those. Hullpower means nothing in this game. All you need is to make sure that your shields are constantly buffed and you will notice that a 0.8 shield mod is sufficient for PvE.
You play KDF? If so - enough said - my point is made. Not that there are no good Fed players out there - there are lots - but KDF players(even casual) put a LOT more effort into actually learning how to fly and the mechanics of the ship. Most of the people who will get this ship will be Fed players - watch I know for a fact after 30 days the forums will be filled with Cryptic rage.

I rest my case.
Captain
# 55
06-25-2013, 02:39 PM
An interesting little ship. I love the looks, and I could probably make the stats work. It'll make a nice replacement for my Ha'feh if I use an AtB build (otherwise I won't be able to fit all the attack patterns and cannon abilities I want). I'll miss Quantum Absorption, and even Battle Cloak, but definitely not the pathetic shield power. Of course, the power of this ship is very different between PvP and PvE, in PvE it's decent, but not Charal/Khyzon/Fleet Defiant level, while in PvP the turn rate and defense bonus make it pretty scary.
Captain
# 56
06-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
It woudn't be STO if DDS didn't announce every ship needs a nerf before it's even available based on a long string of abbreviations that 95% of players don't even understand. Tradition dies hard, and DDS's play style and adamant belief that it is the only valid way to play is as unchanging as stone.
In DDS's defense - he knows the game mechanics very well - how they can be best used to maximize a ship/build, however, unlike DDS 98% of the players don't have even 5% of his game knowledge and never will.
Career Officer
# 57
06-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Color me disappointed. I was hoping for a sexier Tuffli with a giant Jacuzzi. This game needs more support ships.
Join Unrepentant!

Career Officer
# 58
06-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Welp, no Corvette for me.
----
Captain
# 59
06-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
Color me disappointed. I was hoping for a sexier Tuffli with a giant Jacuzzi. This game needs more support ships.
This is so true - I REALLY hope that the new Doff pack coming will offer for a limited time the chance to get the Tuffli again.
Captain
# 60
06-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
You play KDF? If so - enough said - my point is made. Not that there are no good Fed players out there - there are lots - but KDF players(even casual) put a LOT more effort into actually learning how to fly and the mechanics of the ship. Most of the people who will get this ship will be Fed players - watch I know for a fact after 30 days the forums will be filled with Cryptic rage.

I rest my case.
I find it hilarious that you think all KDF players are amazingly talented supermen while Feds are just a bunch of drooling hillbillies. As a red side only player I'm not going to argue with that, but it think your statement could still stir up some irritation